Question

Phone not working properly

• 28 March 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

I am happy with my Samsung A6 which I have had a long time and I do not particularly want to upgrade as my plan suits me perfectly but when I touch the screen it now doesn’t seem to work properly, it is as if the screen is not sensitive enough I have to press hard on the functions to make them work?  Any ideas?

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Rowsie, sorry to hear you’re having trouble with your Samsung A6’s touch screen. Are you using a screen protector? If so, you may wish to enable the following setting:

• Settings > Display > Touch sensitivity 

Could you try that and let us know if it fixes your issue?

Thank you,

Rory

Userlevel 1

I am not using a screen protector but I have turned on the Touch Sensitivity button to see if this helps anyway. The problem seems to be sporadic, sometimes it is fine.  At the moment it seems OK.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Rowsie, glad to hear it seems to be working! If you have any further issues, I’d recommend talking to the retailer you purchased it from. Of course, if that’s us, just give us a shout :)

Thank you,

Rory

Userlevel 1

Yes, it was you!  I am afraid it hasn’t help, I still have trouble tapping an app (it doesn’t seem to register and I have to tap again and again), it also doesn’t want to turn on when I turn the phone on.  I think it is on his last legs.  What are my options?

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Rowsie 

We would advise you to back your phone up and doing a factory restore on the handset. This will eliminate any software faults causing the touchscreen issues you are having. If the issue still remains, then this would be most likely a hardware fault. At this point, we would advise booking the handset in for a repair. We usually advise visiting your local Carphone Store, however, all Carphone Stores are closed until 12/04/21 due to Covid. It would be best to contact Samsung directly as they will be able to arrange a repair for you:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/repair/

-Mohsin

Why iD Mobile?