Solved

Phone say's no sim when there is one

• 22 January 2019
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
I have a new sony xperia xz2 (3 months old) it has worked fine until a couple of days ago when the phone stopped recognising that there was a sim inserted(No SIM card - No service). To begin with i just had to restart the phone and it would recognise the sim and all would be fine for a wee while then it would happen again, but now it won't work at all. I have tried giving the sim a wipe, making sure it is inserted properly, switching off for a while then restarting, but nothing works. The phone software is up to date and I have backed up my data and done a factory reset a couple of times, but nothing has seemed to work. I think there is a problem with the phone as a have tried the sim in another phone and it said it was locked to another network so i presume it was working, just not on the network of the old phone (EE)
icon

Best answer by Gregor 23 January 2019, 10:44

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9
Hi @SteveHinley

You have a few options here to try to fix it.

You could contact Sony directly and send it for repair by using this Link. They usually take around 5 working days to fix and if it is under warranty it will be for free.

You can also go to your nearest Carphone Warehouse to request warranty repair as they are accredited by Sony to repair phones under warranty even if you didn't buy from them. Here is the Link to read a bit about repairs made by Carphone and Knowhow team.

Regards
Userlevel 1
Thank you

Why iD Mobile?