Solved

Phone screen broken

• 10 April 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

My phone screen has suddenly stopped working and I have no idea why. I have had the standard warranty that is given with the phone contract. Please tell me what I can do to either get it repaired or replaced via ID.

icon

Best answer by Gregor 10 April 2020, 20:09

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @Mahir 

I would suggest maybe contacting the manufacturer directly. Many of them as something in place to help in these kind of situations. For example Samsung offer Doorstep Repairs which will get your phone fixed without you leaving the house. 

Kind Regards 

Gregor

Userlevel 1

Thank you for your offer but I have checked the website and the charge seems to be a lot of which you could get another phone with. I am also curious to see if ID will cover the cost of this. Finally I am not entirely sure if the standard warranty has expired or not as I can't check, which I need assistance with checking. 

Userlevel 1

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @Mahir 

Depending on manufacturer you should be still under warranty as most of them has 24 months. Only Apple and Motorola give you 12 months warranty. Not all faults are covered by the warranty though. If you phone has broken screen, was damaged by liquid or has a significant crack on the casing then this will be defined as accidental damage and will be chargeable. Your phone manufacturer is the best source of information regarding repairs as they are the ones that provide you with warranty. iD Mobile in this situation would act as middle man and would send it away to the authorised repair centre on your behalf.

Kind Regards 

Gregor

Why iD Mobile?