Question

Pixel 3 crashing with third party apps

• 2 March 2019
  • 3 replies

Hi

Hoping someone can help and point me in the right direction for a problem I'm having.

I've had my pixel 3 for a few months now and it's been good apart from a really frustrating bug / fault where the phone crashes and restarts or throws up an error message when trying to use the camera from third party apps like WhatsApp. Google acknowledged this bug / fault back in October and said a software fix would come in the next few weeks but my phone is still displaying this issue with theater software installed.

I've tried everything recommended from updating all apps, clearing the camera cache, reinstalling the camera app and also tried fully wiping the phone and starting again. Nothing worked and this now seems like it's not a simple software fix.

How do I go about getting a replacement phone from ID mobile?

3 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9
Hi @Aitch666

Yes ID Mobile and Carphone Warehouse are owned by the same company called "Dixons Carphone".

This part below is copied and pasted from this page.

Quote: If your phone device develops a fault after 30 days and is within the warranty period we'll repair it for you through Carphone Warehouse. For full details on how to get your phone device repaired visit Carphone Warehouse's repair page.

I hope this help you to have your issue solved.

Regards
Hi @Hikari - thanks for the reply. Is ID mobile part of Carphone Warehouse? It's quite a pain to go and find one and would prefer to just send it off if that was an option. Any idea's how I'd get in contact directly with someone from ID mobile so I can discuss options?
Userlevel 8
Badge +9
Hi @Aitch666

My colleague from work had exactly the same issue and she has got her phone replacement directly by Google but she had to push them a bit in order to get the replacement. Easiest and most convenient option for you is a trip to your local Carphone Warehouse, they can send it away for repair or replacement for you.

Regards

Why iD Mobile?