Samsung A3 (2017)

• 8 September 2020
  • 3 replies

My A3 has a storage capacity of 16GB

I’ve also put a 32GB SD card in it.

Very few apps can actually be transferred to the SD card, and there doesn’t appear to be a setting anywhere that allows me to use the 32GB SD card as my ‘default’ memory.

The problem I have is that every 2-3 days, I get a warning that I’m running out of space, so I need to go into the apps and clear the cache, to allow some free space !

The total storage used on my SD card is less than 1GB.

Any solutions

Cheers guys !

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @LD56 

Are you able to move all your photos/ videos/ music to the SD card?  That tends to be the best storage solution for most people. 

This would then leave much more space on the internal storage for apps. 

A quick Google search suggest this may be of help though.

Hi Kev,

Thanks for replying, but nothing seems to work……..

Not got many photo’s (about 100), or music stored on phone.

The option to use the SD Card as the main internal storage doesn’t seem to be available, via the clicking on the ‘three dot menu’ icon.

Someone said that depending where the phone came from, the initial owner (a business perhaps), may have had that facility / option disabled by the supplier, for security purposes ????

Thanks anyway Kev 

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @LD56 

Who was it you purchased the phone from?

If you live close to a Currys PC World at all, you could potentially take it in there and the Carphone Warehouse side to take a look at it and potentially see if they can quickly help.

If you let them know you’re an iDMobile customer they should be fine with giving a bit of free advice there I’d imagine.

Why iD Mobile?