Solved

Samsung Galaxy J5 (2017)

• 18 February 2019
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Will the Samsung Galaxy J5 (2017) work on the ID network? It's not on the approved handset list https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/approved-handsets although the J5 2015 & 2016 are there.

Also, how do you use Live Chat with a support agent? It talks about it on the Contact Us page but there's no link.
icon

Best answer by Ryan 19 February 2019, 14:08

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9
Hi @Ken Magee

Galaxy j5 2017 will work with ID Mobile as long as phone is unlocked.

There is a button in the bottom of the screen when you go to contact page. When agent is available to help button will turn blue. Here is a screenshot to picture my description.

Regards
Userlevel 1
I would check first but it should
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @Ken Magee,

As long as the phone is not locked to another operator, and that it is a UK model then there should be no trouble at all with using our SIM card inside that phone.

Ryan
Userlevel 1
Thank you everyone for your help. I can tell this is going to be a great community to be part of.
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Thank you everyone for your help. I can tell this is going to be a great community to be part of.

It's no problem! If you do need anything else at all then please let us know! :)

Ryan

The J5 phone was obtained from Carphone Warehouse and I was on the I'D network. I want to give this to my grandson but his dad is on Vodafone and wants to put a Vodafone Sim in the J5.

Why iD Mobile?