Question

sending text - Android

• 26 March 2021
  • 5 replies

I’ve had this problem with 2 different mobiles. I changed my mobile to see if the problem was the mobile but the problem is the same with the new mobile.

I can receive texts no problem but replying or trying to send a new text will fail.

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi there, were both phones iPhones? If so, could you try this for me? 

1) Try turning off iMessage (Settings > Messages)

2) Restart your phone (by pressing and holding the on/off button)

3) Tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct.

4) If it is not correct, please enter the correct number

5) Turn iMessage back on (Settings > Messages)

6) Go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under “Start new conversations from:”.

Thank you,

Rory

Don’t have iMessage, they are both Android.

Tried setting smsc number - hasn’t made any difference

tried changing sim card number currently ‘unknown’ - changed in all locations I can, still reports in settings as ‘unknown’

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Apologies @everlevel, I hadn’t spotted the thread title. Could you try a network reset for me? This will force the phone to reconnect to the network and redownload all the necessary configuration settings.

Go to Settings > System or General management > Reset > Reset network settings.

Please note: this will cause your phone to forget any Wi-FI networks saved, so these will need to be set up again.

Thank you,

Rory

already did this - no effect. The fact this happends on 2 different mobils indicates its the sim card. I should add that this fault has got worse over a number of months, originally only some messages would not send or reply to, gradually getting worse to nothing sending. I changed mobile to a new one and the fault remanes.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

In that case, it sounds like it may be a SIM issue. You can request a new SIM be sent out via Live Chat

Please let us know if this resolves your issue.

Thank you,

Rory

Why iD Mobile?