Solved

Setting up a pin number

• 11 July 2018
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
On my new P20 Lite I was trying to access some settings and was asked for a pin number. I haven't set one up. How do I do that?
icon

Best answer by thefonestuff 12 July 2018, 13:43

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 1
Thanks, that's what I need to know.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hey @BSJones,

By default, the SIM PIN should be 0000 or 1234.

If you do get locked out, then you'll need to get a PUK code from us which we can get for you.

Mohammed
Userlevel 1
I've tried going to SIM card lock. I entered a pin I wanted to set and it replied that I'd entered an incorrect pin. So I guess there is a default pin set already. I can't change my pin unless I know what the pin it came with is.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @BSJones,

You can set up 1 type of lock screen access but you would usually be asked to also set up a PIN.

The main method is used and then when you click forgotten pattern, you'll be able to enter the PIN.

For example,

My phone has a fingerprint set up.
If I fail the fingerprint multiple times/don't unlock my phone for a few hours/slide up on the screen

I'll be able to manually input my PIN.

Mohammed

EDIT: I've moved your topic to the Android section of our Community.
Userlevel 1
I followed that route but this relates to the lock-scene. I'd chosen pattern for that. It looks like it's either / or, so having chosen 'pattern' I have no option to set a pin.
Go to Security & Privacy. Select Screen lock & password. Then select Password. After that you can choose to set up a password, PIN or pattern.

If you're talking about the PIN to your SIM lock. After Security & Password, go to More and then SIM Lock. You can change your PIN there.

Why iD Mobile?