Solved

Sim card

• 19 December 2020
  • 1 reply

I am not happy with iD mobile as my costs have rocketed over the last two months for no apparent reason and I have had to buy data add ons.I cannot upgrade until at least he end of March. In the meantime…..if I take my sim card out and replace with one from another network will I still be charged by iD mobile monthly until I can ditch them at the end 0fmy contract which is May 2021?

icon

Best answer by Kevin 22 December 2020, 19:01

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @Lilias38 

We would only ever be charging you for data that is used by your SIM card.  If things appear to have changed recently then you might want to have a think about any changes you’ve made as of late regarding your phone usage.

Are you using more of a certain app as of late whilst out and about and away from WiFi?

If you go to Settings > Mobile Network > Mobile Data.  Or something similar to that, you should be able to see a record of what app’s are using the highest amounts of data.  This can help you figure out what is potentially using more data than you’d maybe expect.

You should also be able to look at Plan Changes in the iD Mobile App if it makes sense to bump your tariff up to one that’s a couple of quid higher, but includes more data.  This would work out cheaper than buying add-ons, and wouldn’t extend the length of your current contract neither.

Why iD Mobile?