Solved

SIM Card Problem

• 23 February 2021
  • 18 replies

Userlevel 1

My Pixie 4 Andriod phone was working but now shows ‘Unable to connect, please insert a valid SIM card. What is the problem?

icon

Best answer by Ryan 24 February 2021, 09:42

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

18 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Peter Carrell,

We’re sorry to hear about that issue. It sounds as though the SIM card reader may be at fault. Are you able to remove the SIM card and reseat it to see if this makes any difference?

You can also try the SIM card in another phone if someone in your household has one, this will confirm that the SIM card is working fine.

Ryan

Userlevel 1

Thank you Ryan.  I Have tried removing and refitting the SIM card a few times but without success.  I have also considered activating a ‘Factory reset’ but wondered whether that would make matters worse with the loss of stored data.

Peter

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Peter Carrell 

A factory reset will delete everything from your phone, however, if you back your phone up before doing so, then you can retrieve everything back. Did you test the sim on another phone?

-Mohsin

I upgraded my daughters phone on pay monthly contract for xmas. However her new sim with the new tariff is not working and so still using her old sim card. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Balthiar,

Does the App show that the new tariff is on it? If not, there may well be a chance you took out a new line rather than an upgrade.

Will

Hi Will, 

It was definately a full upgrade as got a new phone for her as well. The sim card gets detected when in but thats it. Have had to result in just using her old sim card with limited texts and minutes and less data etc.

We had the same issue with my sons phone but my wife managed to get that sorted the other day through here. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Balthiar,

Can you just clarify, when you log into the iD Mobile app/account of this number, do you see the allowances from the new contract or the old contract?

I take it by “less data etc” it’s showing the old tariff?

Mohammed

Its just the sim that needs activating i beleive as they put sim in and threw the rest of packaging away before activation.

It's in my name so my wife wasnt able to sort at same time as our sons. If i could be contacted direct i can provide the details needed to activate the sim at your end as i cant do it online.

I believe Will helped my wife the other day. 

Thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Balthiar,

No worries, I’ll send you a PM now so we can look into this for you.

Mohammed

I have a new phone that I got with you yesterday, I've put the simcard in the only way it fits and it's saying that there is no sim in the phone. What can I do? 

Hi 

How I can order another sim card please?

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Suzanne Jones, are you able to try a different SIM - perhaps a friend or family’s - in the phone to see if it’s an issue with the SIM or the phone itself?

@Sonia dias When you say a new SIM card, are you trying to purchase a new line, or do you simply need a new SIM card for an existing line? If it’s the former, you can do this via the iD Mobile app. If it’s the latter, the best thing to do would be to contact Live Chat.

Thank you,

Rory

I just tried this sim card in another phone and I didn't received any .

But I already chatted and asked for a new sim card for a existing line.

Thanks 

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Great stuff, thanks @Sonia dias! If you’re still having trouble after that, feel free to get back to us here and we’ll investigate for you.

Thank you,

Rory

Hi there

Does anyone know the default pin for IDMobile sim.   (I have tried 0000 and 1234).  I have an iPhone 8, unlocked to all networks.   I am just trying to put the extra layer of security on my brand-new sim card.  Everything else works fine with the sim.  and I have successfully transferred my old number acrross.   Anyhelp gratefully receieved.

Thanks.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @kittmikes 

The default PIN should be 0000 or 1234. If this does not work and you require a PUK code, you'll need to get in touch with us so we can provide this to you.
Let us know if you have any further issues.

-Mohsin

I have bought a replacement phone, a POCO x3 and the new ID Mobile SIM dose not work?

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Angusjt,

Is there any sort of error message that pops up?

Have you tried manually connecting to the network via the handset network settings?

Will

Why iD Mobile?