Question

SIM not working in Doogee handset

• 3 September 2020
  • 9 replies

My SIM is not working on new Doogee phone, everything goes to ansaphone despite voicemail being switched off by Chat. NO calls, no codes from bank etc Carphone Warehouse havent a clue. I hope you do.

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Grahame151,

What’s the specific make and model of the handset? Have you tried it in another handset to see if it works?

Will

Hi Will,  its a Doogee N20 and yes this SIM did previously work in a Huawei y5.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Grahame151, unfortunately, this phone isn’t listed in our compatibility chart, so we can’t guarantee that the phone will work on our network. Have you tried performing a network reset?

You can do this by going to Settings > Reset > Network Settings Reset.

Thank you,

Rory

Thanks Rory.but sadly unsuccessful.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

@Grahame151 Does any aspect of the service work at all? Are you able to try a different SIM in the Doogee handset?

Thank you,

Rory

Yes an O2 SIM works normally so perhaps you’re right about compatibility.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

It could be that there’s a service outage in your area, but it’s unlikely to be so bad that you’d be completely unable to use any services at all. Does the signal bar show anything?

If you can confirm your postcode for me, I can check for any service disruption in your area. Failing that, I think it’s a compatibility issue.

Thank you,

Rory

Hi Rory - its TA1 3BB, I have taken it out now so dont know about the signal bar,  The O2 SIM just shows 4G with 2 bars either side of battery symbol (rectangle) an d a reverse triangle almost full. Thanks  Grahame

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Grahame151,

Just to check, if you put the iD SIM in another device, does this still work? It sounds like a compability issue if it does.

Let us know when you’ve tested this.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?