Solved

Sony Xperia XZ1 compact back light app problem

• 4 March 2019
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Hi iDmobile community

I've had my Sony Xperia XZ1 compact now since just before Christmas and I love the phone. It's small with a fantastic camera and does everything I need it to.

However, the back light app keeps crashing and I can get an error coming up every few seconds.

Has anyone else had this issue and had it resolved? The only thing I've been able to do so far is to turn off the automatic light detection system but given this is a handy feature to have, just wondering if there's any sort of fix out there?

Thanks
icon

Best answer by Gregor 4 March 2019, 15:47

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9
Hi @SuzieH

I have exactly the same phone and I have never had an issue with it. It seems like this is firmware error here. Did you try to check if you have any updated available that could fix it? Just head to Settings -> System -> Advanced -> Software update to see if you have them available.

Xperia phones have also built in functions tester which could determine if there is an issue with hardware. Head to Settings -> Support -> Xperia Test (right bottom of the screen ) -> scroll down to "Sensors" category and perform test on each of them.

You could also try using your phone in "safe mode" which will turn off all downloaded apps and if this error won't appear there it will mean that one of the apps may cause this issue. To enter "safe mode" click power button like you would like to turn off your phone and when you will see "power off" option on the screen hold it for 5 seconds.

Last option is to use Xperia Companion (app which you can install on your laptop or PC) and backup all data and there will be option to restore your system.

Hopefully one of these steps will help you to resolve you issue. Let us know how you getting on with your phone afterwards.

Kind Regards
Userlevel 1
Thanks @Hikari

I'd already tested out option 1 but didn't even know that option 2 existed, thanks for letting me know about that. Option 2 suggested that it is working fine when it's turned on.

I'll keep an eye on it as the error message hasn't actually appeared again today but have your options 3 and 4 as backup.

Thanks again

Why iD Mobile?