Solved

Text messaging broken

• 16 January 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

My text service stopped working today.  Messages cannot be sent, some not received others delayed by up to one hour. I tried shutting down the phone for 10 minutes, removing and checking the sim card and powering up again but that did not help.

Phone calls are working as normal.

Live chat on iD is only available with a Bot which is no help at all.  Humans are to busy it seems.

Any advice would be appreciated as I cannot use sucure sites which ask for confirmation of identity by text.

icon

Best answer by Will 20 January 2021, 12:09

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

I'm also having the same issue. Calls & Internet are fine but SMS not working. 

Userlevel 1

I have trawled the community using various search terms and many users are experiencing this issue and lots have done so in the past.  Despite this there is no useful advice to be found from iD anywhere, not even an acceptance of the problem.  Time to look for another provider I am thinking.

Userlevel 1
Badge

It is an issue they are aware of and are working on apparently. Ive just been told via the live chat.

Userlevel 1

You are very fortunate to have got through as I have been trying all day.

Still not happy with customer service and I will be looking for better supply elsewhere.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi All,

We did have some network issues relating to the sending and receiving of text messages on Saturday, but these have since been fixed. Are you still having the same issue, or is it resolved now?

Will

Why iD Mobile?