Question

Text/SMS messages

• 11 October 2020
  • 9 replies

I've recently upgraded my phone. 

Some text messages have gone as MMS, but only short text message, no picture etc. 

I didn't receive reply to these messages but when I turned on my old phone the replies came through on it. 

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Ott40,

Which handset did you upgrade to, being an Android topic, is it a Samsung handset?

Check out this topic here: here which Three UK did to turn off MMS converstion.

It’s usually a setting you need to turn off in the Message settings.

Let us know how you get on.

Mohammed

I've got a Samsung S10. Had a look in settings but couldn't see anything like you mentioned. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Ott40,

Do the people you’re messaging have email addresses saved under their contacts in your phone?

Will

No they don't.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Ott40,

Do you use emojis or stickers at all? these can sometimes trigger it you see.

Will

No, just plain text.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @Ott40 

How many messages have been flagged as MMS? (or how many 30p charges total have you incurred)

Has this only been happening with one particular number you’re speaking to or several?

Are you certain from what you can see that none of the following applies to the person you’ve been charged for MMS’ing?

• one or more of the recipients is being emailed
  • the message is too long
  • the message has a subject line
  • there are pictures or attachments in the message

Looking back, all messages to this one contact are mms, more recently, I sent 3 but reply didn't come through on new phone.

Have sent email previously

They're short 1 or two line texts.

No subject line.

No pictures. 

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Ott40,

This could be due to the type of messaging app in use. If you haven’t already, please can you try to download the Messages app from Google? This should not cause the issue which you have mentioned. Here is a link to the app in the Play Store.

Please do let us know how you get on with that, I’m hoping this helps as I use that app and it never sends as an MMS, even with long messages and emoji’s included within the texts.

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?