Question

Texting from 2 different phone numbers

• 17 September 2020
  • 5 replies

Hi i ported my number from virgin it's working fine but when I send a text its from another phone number not mine presume its the one that was originally on the sim before my number was ported its really annoying as people don't know who I am when I messageĀ 

Please helpĀ 

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Dawlowe,

Sorry to hear that.

Which phone are you using the SIM inside?

Have you checked to make sure the number has fully ported?

What happens on calls?

Ā 

Mohammed

Hello thanks for the reply

How do I check its fully ported please I can't get through to customer services says my pin is wrong when I enter it on the call so won't let me talk to a person.

When I call the old number of the sim it's dead does not ring but when I'm texting people are saying have you changed your phone number as its using that number to send a textĀ 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Dawlowe,

The port should go through within 2 working days. Are you still having issues today? If so, we would recommend restarting the handset to ensure the phone reconnects to the network from scratch.

If youā€™re using an iPhone please follow these steps:

1)Ā Ā  Ā Turn off iMessage (Settings > Messages)
2)Ā Ā  Ā Restart your phone (by pressing and holding the on/off button)
3)Ā Ā  Ā Tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct.Ā 
4)Ā Ā  Ā If it is not correct, please enter the correct number
5)Ā Ā  Ā Turn iMessage back to On (Settings > Messages)
6)Ā Ā  Ā Finally, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under ā€œStart new conversations from:ā€.Ā 

If youā€™re using an Android device, please try to reset the connection by heading to Settings > Mobile Or Wireless Networks > Network Operators and then do a manual network search.

Ryan

what if you have the same issue but its an android not an iphone?

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @nanajane,

I have replied to your other topic about thisĀ here. šŸ™‚

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?