Question

Unable to make or receive the majority of calls (Server Unreachable). Call quality is spotty/ Drops out completely.

• 6 November 2020
  • 1 reply

I am writing this on behalf of my mother who is struggling to no end with her current service. She works as a Care assistant and needs her phone to work 24Hours a day which currently is not even close to reality.

When making outbound calls she is unable to even hear the regular tone and most calls end with Server Unreachable message, when she is able to make a call she is generally unable to hear the other caller or she gets a very intermitted call quality. The same can be said for text messages which she is lucky to receive at any time, normally coming hours or even days after they where sent originally.

I have tried changing directly to iD APN settings and disabled WiFi calling, her current SIM has also been in another phone which was exactly the same. 

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @AlexY,

Sorry to hear that, thanks for testing the SIM in another phone.

This rules out a handset fault being the issue.

Have you got the full postcode of the area(s) where this is being experienced?

WiFi Calling I’d recommend leaving on, this just helps send calls over WiFi where possible and should help somewhat in poor coverage areas when on WiFi.

How many bars of coverage show and have you tried a manual network selection to iD? (not APN, as this is to do with DATA settings).

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?