Question

unable to text friends new phone, old one works fine

• 19 February 2021
  • 11 replies

Hi all,

My Friend has just got a new number and phone on Sky mobile, I cant text it from my ID mobile phone, however others can send to it, and he can text me. 

I have no issues with any other numbers.

Do you have any advice? 

My message centre is correct as well. +447782000800

This topic has been closed for comments

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Sketch424 ,

Sorry to hear about the issues that you are having. We can certainly look into this but we just need some further information. 

Can you please confirm the make and model of the handset you are using along with any error messages you are receiving whilst texting? Are you able to receive and call the number without any issues?

Once we have this further information we will be able to advise further.

Thanks,

Kash

Hi @Kash,

I'm using a Samsung S20, I can call the number and receive texts from it, I just can't send any texts. Error message: cannot send message, error 0

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Sketch424 

Thank you for confirming this. Please can you remove your friend's number from your phone along with any call history and then re-add the number to the phone. Once you have done this, please test again by texting to see if this has resolved the issue. 

-Mohsin

Hi @Mohsin 

I've tried this, I've had no luck, the number still doesnt work :/ 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Sketch424 

Please can you delete the message center number and re-add this and test by sending a text to your friend. 

Search for “About Phone” in Settings
Click into “Status”
Click into “Network”
(Select relevant SIM)
Delete the number and then type the “SMS center number” to “+447782000800”

Thank you, I tried this again and it still hasn't worked. It's only one single number I can't text :/ 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Sketch424 

What is the make and model of your handset? Have you or your friend recently moved from Apple to Android? If so, you will need to deregister your service with Apple. We look forward to hearing from you.

-Mohsin 

Hi @Mohsin 

I'm on a Samsung S20, my friend is on Apple, it is a new number, but he's always been on Apple, and is not experiencing this issue with anybody else. 

I've stayed on Android the entire time. 

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

@Sketch424 

Has your friend tried deleting your number and re-adding your number to see if this helps the issue?

-Mohsin

@Mohsin 

This hasn't helped either unfortunately, he can text me, I can't text back :/ 

Hi @Sketch424 

It sounds like we may need to investigate this further to get to the bottom of whats going on here, we’ve popped you a message so that we can do this for you. 

Thanks, 

Jade 

Why iD Mobile?