Question

very bad signal

• 13 February 2021
  • 15 replies

Hi 🙋 i have a very bad 👎 signal on my windows phone only one bar and on my p20 there is no signal some say it may be the sim card but i don't no has any one got any ideas any help or info please thanks William 

This topic has been closed for comments

15 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @billbod50 

We are sorry to hear this. Please can you provide us with your Postcode so we can check the signal in your area?

-Mohsin

Hi and thanks

My post code is PO108BF icant get any signal on the p20 the one i want to use

thanks william

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Thanks @billbod50,

I can’t see any issues around there. Does that handset get service when other networks SIM cards are used in it? Is there any error message that appears at all?

Will

Hi i had talk talk that worked ok i don't have another sim card to try

I have tried it in the p20 again and still no signal at all 

I am shielding at this time so i have to wait until finished to go out 

People say the signal drops and they cant hear me on the windows phone i will try it in a nokia 520 later

thanks william  

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @billbod50 

Have you tried WiFi calling?

You can find out if your handset is compatible, via the link below:

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/wifi-calling

Let us know how you get on.

Michelle 

iD Mobile 

Hi

I looked on the phone with out the sim card in but cant see any thing about wifi calling i will put the sim in later  and try again says the phone can use wifi calling

You say the signal ok hear but i had the phone out side in emsworth and still no signal the nokia has only just about one bar of signal

thanks william

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @billbod50 

How long have you been experiencing this signal issue? Has it been okay up until recently?

-Mohsin

Hi its been like this when switched to ID i tried the ism in a Samsung phone but still the same i still cant get any signal onthe p20 and there is only just about one bar on the nokia i still get signal drop out talking to people thanks william

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

HI @billbod50 

Thank you for clarifying.

The P20 which you say you can not get any signal on, was this purchased from iD Mobile? 

With the Nokia, please can you check to make sure you have the late software update:

• Settings

• Scroll to and select phone update

• Select check for updates

• Wait for the search to finish

• If your phone is not up to date, select download

Thanks

Michelle

iD Mobile 

The nokia is up to date the P20 was not bought from you i am stuck i don't no what to try next??

thanks William

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

HI @billbod50 

The P20 may be locked to another network, this being the reason why your iD Mobile SIM card is not working. 

Which network did you use on the P20 prior to moving to iD?

Michelle 

iD Mobile 

I bought the phone as being unlocked 🔓 I have not used another sim in the phone 📱 as the seller assured me the phone was unlocked and fully working my other sim a had was. From TalkTalk that worked in all other phones I have used i may have to look for another network into the signal doesn't get any better thanks 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

HI @billbod50 

So just to confirm, the TalkTalk sim worked fine in the Nokia phone, however, the iD sim is not? Are you unable to make/receive calls at all?

-Mohsin

Hi i can make calls But the signal is terrible i just tried the sim in another phone a Samsung gt it says in service But no signal at all i cant afford another phone i don't no what next to try i still only have one bay of signal on the nokia ?? HELP thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @billbod50,

It sounds as though the signal indoors may not be strong enough given you have tried the SIM card in a couple of phones. Does it seem to work any better if you are able to go outdoors? I understand you are shielding so if you have no safe outdoor space, that’s fine just let us know that and we’ll see what else we can do.

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?