Solved

VoLTE on Pixel 3

• 17 January 2019
  • 10 replies

Any one can confirm VoLTE on Pixel 3 with ID mobile?
icon

Best answer by Ryan 18 January 2019, 17:15

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hey @trawiarz,

At this time, that phone is not supported, however, you can keep up to date with further information on 4G (VoLTE) calling by visiting our 4G Calling page here.

Ryan
Userlevel 1
I've seen other requests for support of VoLTE on the Google Pixel 3 XL (what I have) and I want to change to a network that fully supports this feature on my phone. I want to use it in parts of the Scottish Highlands in areas with very poor (but present) 4G signal strength. The Pixel range is as Androidish as you can get so why are you supporting this technology with phones using modified Android eg Samsung before the Pixel 3?
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @FlyingKiwi,

Unfortunately, we do not have any plans to support the Pixel 3A, 3AXL, 3 or 3XL range for WiFi Calling/VoLTE on our network at this moment in time. Sorry that I was not able to provide a more favourable response here.

Mohammed
Userlevel 1
Thanks for taking the time to provide a reply Mohammed. Although it doesn't answer my questions regarding why other 'customised ROM' Android phones are already supported yet 'generic Android' Pixels aren't at least you took the time to reply. If anyone at ID would care to actually answer this question I'd very much appreciated.

Theres no need to apologise for not providing a more favourable reply because it was actually an explanation of WHY that I was seeking. I suspect (that in the absence of any other explanation) it all boils down to supporting which phones will earn the company the most profit. As there's now more 'mainstream' devices available in the 3A series, hopefully the higher rate of adoption will influence the views of network management.

Unfortunately (for ID) my money will be going to the other network(s) until such time as ID decides to support this technology more widely, including on Google phones.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @FlyingKiwi.

I've responded over on the topic https://community.idmobile.co.uk/coverage-24/pixel-3-xl-wifi-calling-and-volte-30882

But will pass on any feedback you have provided.

Thank you

Mohammed
Userlevel 1
Very disappointing.
Userlevel 2
5g is right round the corner yet mobile networks (and their mvnos) still can't provide volte and WiFi calling to the current crop of phones 😒
Userlevel 1
If smaller networks realised a bit of effort to make their network work more fully with a wider range of VoLTE compatible devices, they'd attract more customers. Here's a screenshot showing VoLTE working with my Pixel 3XL. I'd rather have an ID sized bill but as I need reliable phone calls in areas of marginal 4G reception, the competition are getting my money.

Userlevel 2
If smaller networks realised a bit of effort to make their network work more fully with a wider range of VoLTE compatible devices, they'd attract more customers. Here's a screenshot showing VoLTE working with my Pixel 3XL. I'd rather have an ID sized bill but as I need reliable phone calls in areas of marginal 4G reception, the competition are getting my money.

Is that sim only or pay as you go ee sim card
Userlevel 1
Sim only monthly contract (apparently PAYG and Flex don't offer VoLTE).

Why iD Mobile?