Question

Wi-Fi Calling not working on Samsung Galaxy S9 bought elsewhere

• 18 June 2020
  • 5 replies

I have purchased a refurbished samsung S9, love it other than I cant use wifi calling. It worked fine on my previous phone. I have the setting on and by broadband is working.

I have tried several suggestions that I found on the net and also took it back to where I purchased it from. They tell me I need to get IDMOBILE to reset something. Given the call centres are closed how do I do this?

Thanks

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @Dr Who and welcome to the community here.

What network did the phone previously allow for WiFi calling with?

Have you been able to test if WiFi calling works with other networks (other than that previous network you were with)?

We’ve seen examples in the past were certain phones have had there firmware flashed by networks (prior to purchase) which makes certain features only work when a SIM from their own network is used.  So I’m wondering if this could potentially be the problem here.

Thanks Kevin

Nothing has changed other than the phone. I took my sim card out of my old phone and put it in the S9. 

Sorry I don't understand your last comment, but if this is the case what can I do about it? Is it Samsung or IDMOBILE I need to be talking to?

Dr Who

I am now told I need to get a new sim card from IDMOBILE. Do you know how I can do that with the call centre closed?

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Dr Who,

The quickest way to obtain a replacement SIM card is by contacting our Live Chat team who can look into this, they’re available between 9am - 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am - 6pm Saturday and Sunday.

The Live Chat button may not always appear as ‘available’. If so, you may need to try again later or wait until an agent is available which doesn’t usually take too long. Please let us know how it goes.

Ryan

Thanks I found this this morning and contacted them, they are sending me a replacement sim card. 

Why iD Mobile?