Solved

Wifi call issue on Samsung Galaxy S8

• 4 December 2019
  • 3 replies

Hi, I bought an ID Mobile rolling contract for my Galaxy S8 purely because of the wifi call ability however it just won't work on my phone. I have been on countless live chats, I've spoken to ID on the phone DM'd ID on Twitter and I've been in to Carphone Warehouse too, but I'm just being pushed from pillar to post with nobody willing to help resolve the issue. So far I have ensured the wifi call function is switched on, updated my phone's software, reset network settings and tried connecting to other wifi networks. The only thing I haven't done is try the sim card in another device - I don't have any other devices which aren't locked to other networks or that have wifi call capability. I asked in the CW store if they would be able to do this for me with one of their phones and they wouldn't. 

Can anybody help at all? I'm really trying hard to be an ID customer but it's as if you guys really don't want or need my custom. I've been trying to get this sorted for almost three weeks and I'm literally no nearer to a solution than I was on day one. 

Really hope somebody can help, and thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 6 December 2019, 13:58

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Maverick,

We may need to raise this to the manufacturer as the phone is a compatible handset on our list so we’ll need to understand why this is not working.

Could you perhaps message us on Twitter again and advise you’ve been directed to contact by Mohammed as well as provide a link to this post?

I would like to mention that it may take a while for a response from the manufacturer (potentially longer due to the Christmas period) but if you’re willing to wait, I’d be happy to get this looked into for you?

This can often be down to incompatible firmware which isn’t our fault and as WiFi Calling isn’t a guaranteed feature, there’s not much more we can offer here.

If you’re really struggling with coverage, then it may be better to look at switching here.

If you’d like us to pick this up, drop us a message on Social Media.

Mohammed

Hi Mohammed, thank you for responding. I've posted a link in my tweet as you suggested. 

I would definitely like to explore contacting the manufacturer to try and resolve this issue. Please do go ahead with this. I'm happy to wait even if there is a delay because of Christmas. 

Thanks so much Mohammed, really appreciate your response and help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Maverick

I can see you’ve been in touch so we’ll pick this up there.

I’m marking this topic as solved as the solution was to get in touch and for us to escalate but if you feel it’s not solved at a later stage, we can un-mark this!

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?