Solved

Wifi Calling and Huawei P20 Pro

• 8 February 2019
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Hi, I'm trying to find a provider that can guarantee wifi calling for the Huawei P20 Pro as I seem to live in a small area of poor signal (4G outside my door, nothing inside the house) - I am asking because I cannot see a button to enable wifi calling under the Dialler Settings or the Mobile Networks/Call Settings.
Does this appear when I use a sim card from a provider like yourselves who lists my phone as compatible?

Many thanks
icon

Best answer by bw118 9 February 2019, 00:01

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9
Hi @bw118

I am pretty sure that it has to be enabled in the firmware installed on the device. Let's say if you bought your phone from different provider that does not support WiFi calling this feature might be disabled in settings.

Only way how ID can guarantee WiFi Calling to work in certain handsets is when you buy a handset directly through them or Carphone Warehouse.

Maybe you could pop in to the Carphone store and ask them if they could check it for you with one of the PAYG Sims?

Regards
Userlevel 1
Thank you, I'm a bit far from one on the Isle of Bute but I'll maybe hassle O2 about it and ask them about getting the firmware for my model.

Why iD Mobile?