Question

Wifi Calling - Enabled but not working (S21 Ultra)

• 1 April 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi there,

I have the option to enable wifi calling and the button is selectable not greyed out or anything however it doesn't actually do anything... Wifi calling just doesn't actually enable for some reason. 

I am reliant on the feature due to very poor signal in my home so checked that it was available on iD before signing up.

I have reset the phone, tried multiple routers without any luck. I had this feature on my last phones with EE and it worked without issue but I can't get it to work on my new iD Mobile Galaxy S21 Ultra. Could someone please help?

The phone is on contract with ID and was procured via Carphonewarehouse.com.

Thanks

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Deshie 

We are sorry to hear this. We can confirm the S21 Ultra is compatible with Wifi-Calling. Please can you check to see if your software is up to date?

-Mohsin

Userlevel 1

Hi @Mohsin 

Thanks for your reply. I can confirm that the software is fully updated.

FYI, I have viewed the other related posts and followed all directions given to other users but I am still unable to use the feature. 

Could you please provide further assistance?

Thanks.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Deshie,

Have you tried the SIM of another network in the handset to see if WiFi calling works then? I’ve seen before that doing this can often kick start the feature working.

Will

Userlevel 1

Hi @Will 

I have now managed to get a hold of a contract EE sim to test and can confirm that WIFI Calling worked as expected. Upon putting my iD mobile sim back in the feature was once again unavailable. 

It therfore looks to be a problem with iD / my sim rather than the phone.

Could you please advise?

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Deshie 

We will send you a Private Message now so we can escalate this on our end. To view the message sent, simply click on your profile icon on the top right and select Private messages.

-Mohsin

Userlevel 1

Hi @Mohsin 

Thanks. PM reply sent.

Thanks for your assistance here, hopefully the fault will be fixed soon.

Why iD Mobile?