Solved

WiFi calling keeps dropping out

• 27 August 2018
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Hi there. I recently updated to Oreo on my Huawei P8 lite 2017 which isn't listed on the compatibility list but works anyway. Usually when WiFi calling connects it will soon quickly disconnect. Any ideas about why this is? I'm on a £10 SIM only plan with 10gb if data and 300 mins and ultd texts

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 29 August 2018, 15:58

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hi,

Ive been looking around and apparently WiFi calling only turns on when you have less than 1 bar of signal. This is the way 3 do it and I don't really agree with it but it still works.

Thanks,
Xan

Hello @xanpb_2004,

That does sound reasonable as we would expect WiFi calling to kick in when your phone is unable to make calls over 3G.

Mohammed
Userlevel 1
Hi,

Ive been looking around and apparently WiFi calling only turns on when you have less than 1 bar of signal. This is the way 3 do it and I don't really agree with it but it still works.

Thanks,
Xan
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @xanpb_2004,

We can only provide support on handsets that are in our compatible list of handsets.

If your handset is not in the list, we wouldn't be able to provide support on the matter.

We're working on expanding our list of available handsets but this could most likely be due to an issue with the network settings/compatibility.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?