WiFi Calling on Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL

Userlevel 1
Has anyone got the Google Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 Xl WiFi Calling to work on ID? Is it as simple as just enabling this under settings?

Both the Google Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL support WiFi calling out of the box, although they are not on the list of phones available on the ID WiFi Calling page. Is the page just out of date or do they in fact not work with ID WiFi Calling?

19 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @latestscoop,

Welcome to the iD Community!

The Google Pixel 2 and Pixel 2XL aren't supported for WiFi calling on our network.

You may be able to get it to work, however, we can't provide support on this until it's a supported handset.

We're working on adding more handsets and will update here when added!

Maybe others have gotten this to work so I'll leave this open for others to comment.

Mohammed
Userlevel 1
... just bought the Google Pixel 2 XL. Hope this works!
Userlevel 1
... just bought the Google Pixel 2 XL. Hope this works!
Did it work?

On other networks that support it, the likes of the Pixel and Huawei devices work natively without any Fw updates.

Curious if anyone has got an Android device to work ( other than the P10 Pro that's listed)

Main thing stopping us all from joining.
Userlevel 1

... just bought the Google Pixel 2 XL. Hope this works!Did it work?

On other networks that support it, the likes of the Pixel and Huawei devices work natively without any Fw updates.

Curious if anyone has got an Android device to work ( other than the P10 Pro that's listed)

The phone arrives tomorrow so I'll update you later on the week
Userlevel 1

... just bought the Google Pixel 2 XL. Hope this works!Did it work?

The phone arrives tomorrow so I'll update you later on the week

Brilliant, thanks.
Userlevel 1
I also have the Pixel 2 XL and unfortunately haven't managed to get WiFi calling to work as of yet. If it's not enabled soon I think I'll end up switching networks.
Userlevel 1
You can use Wi-Fi calling without a service with some operators, but you’ll need to turn it on.
  1. Open the Phone app [img]https://lh4.ggpht.com/CLabGZ36uKBQGoB4X2v1RZU-eb70PHwhEXY9YpxRORmU7Q1grnYW5W7C16XVfJ3chkaPwD6Igw=w20-rwa[/img].
  2. Tap More[img]https://storage.googleapis.com/support-kms-prod/5C6FB52C8BBB2C12DC89B5F42F16B9B5E9CF[/img] [img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/V4BkhmsXF3x2aXZBf_t6tWCaHbxK6ZcARN7s0gTt-voI9WcIkhe9R36jyDlD9hJZZw=w13-h18-rwa[/img] Settings.
  3. Tap Calls.
  4. Tap Wi-Fi calling. If you can't see this option, it will be because your operator doesn’t support this feature.
... WiFi Calling option does not appear for me
Userlevel 1
Shame @Mohammed .
We ended up going elsewhere to have WiFi calling on our Android devices.
Pretty standard feature these days, pity @iD Mobile have dropped the ball there.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
I'm sorry to hear this was the dealbreaker for you @Bosshogg,

We're working on expanding our list of available handsets.

We hope that you return if this feature becomes available in the future to give us another chance.

Mohammed
Userlevel 1
I'm sorry to hear this was the dealbreaker for you @Bosshogg,

We're working on expanding our list of available handsets.

We hope that you return if this feature becomes available in the future to give us another chance.

Mohammed

Any idea as to when WiFi calling will be available on the Google Pixel 2 XL?
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hey @Isaac,

I don't have any time-frames I can advise of currently, sorry about that.

Mohammed
Userlevel 1
Enabling WiFi calling and volte on Android devices would be a huge selling point for @iD Mobile . Especially as other NVMO's are now bringing it.
As said above, should be standard by now as most of the devices support it, just the provider holding it back.

Will check back in a few months when the next batch of my Sims need replaced.
Userlevel 1
Enabling WiFi calling and volte on Android devices would be a huge selling point for @iD Mobile . Especially as other NVMO's are now bringing it.
As said above, should be standard by now as most of the devices support it, just the provider holding it back.

+1
Just received my Oneplus 6, disappointed to see there is no Wifi calling available for the phone.
Userlevel 1

+1
Just received my Oneplus 6, disappointed to see there is no Wifi calling available for the phone.

The OP6 supports it as most others do.
Plenty of OP6 users have WiFi calling on EE and 02.
Unfortunately this will be a deal breaker for me.. I want a Pixel 2 and need WIFI calling... shame as I was thinking about giving ID a chance
This is really disappointing. I just cancelled my EE contract and ported my number to iD. Now I have no signal at home and can't use Wi-Fi calling on my Pixel 2, so I can no longer receive calls or texts at home. Really disappointing, will be needing to withdraw from the contract and go back to EE or another provider.
Userlevel 1
I would also like to see WiFi calling on Pixel devices. I just bought a Pixel 2 XL and having the exact same issue - no signal at home now because iD doesn't support the phone yet, I relied on WiFi calling with my old phone.

Is there any update on this?
Userlevel 1
I just joined iD and have a pixel 2. Found this thread in the hopes I could set up WiFi calling.
So disappointing that 1 year after the thread was started, still NO pixel devices are supported.
I wonder how many non-apple devices have been added to the compatibility list on that time?
Come on @iD Mobile add Pixel for wifi calling we're feeling left out.

Why iD Mobile?