I've just joined iD because my previous provider (Plusnet) didn't support wifi calling. I have a Samsung Galaxy S9, bought second hand through eBay. (The S9 is supported according to this page: https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/wifi-calling).
I can make phonecalls using my iD SIM at the front of my house (the 3 network signal justabout reaches there), but 12 feet back, I can't make calls: it sits on the dialling screen for a bit then says 'mobile network not available'.
A few details:
1) I stood where there was a strong WiFi signal.
2) I checked for software updates and My phone says "Your software is up to date." (Android version 9, Kernal version dated May 8th 2019
3) There's no mention of it wifi calling in the phone settings under "Connections" but I searched "wifi calling" and it's listed under Apps->App info.
4) App settings for Wi-Fi Calling are as follows:
- notifications Allowed
- Permissions "Telephone" is on.
- Change system settings is on.
- Version is 6.3.00.51
Best answer by Mohammed
If you're thinking of cancelling, check out our Returns & Cancellations page here on how to cancel your services:
Sorry that we were not able to resolve this for you.
We'll mark this topic as solved with the answer being that we were unable to provide WiFi Calling due to incompatible software due to the device not being purchased directly from iD Mobile.