Solved

Wifi calling sony xperia xz1

• 2 October 2018
  • 3 replies

Hi

I no this model isn't on the supported list yet but is capable of WiFi calling I was told by customer service that I could use it but they couldn't say it would definitely work but should if it was capable now my question is this you need to have the carrier setting OTA update to activate this feature so how do I get the OTA update my previous network was vodafone and WiFi calling was working fine
icon

Best answer by Ryan 3 October 2018, 13:12

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @Wolvesmb,

Welcome to the iD Community! There isn't an update that we can send to your phone to enable this feature I'm afraid. Any updates available can be found by checking manually within the settings of the phone.

I hope to see your devices added to the support WiFi calling list in the future.

Ryan
Wifi calling was enabled by the way of an OTA and since switching to id those settings were replaced with OTA settings from Id when I put a different sim in the phone I get the OTA settings again for mms Internet and WiFi calling so out of interest when you add a new model to the list how do you push this out to customers when it's the network that controls these settings
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hey @Wolvesmb,

When a handset is added to our compatibility list, the settings should be pushed to the handset to allow WiFi Calling.

Until then, we can't flick a switch to enable this for all phones sadly.

We'll be sure to update our WiFi Calling list for when any new handset is added.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?