Solved

Your Sim Card

• 4 December 2018
  • 3 replies

I have received a new sim card. Not sure if it will even work with my Motorola G6 Play. Strangely ID were VERY happy to take my money.

Worst when I go to the webpage listed on the packaging idmobile.co.uk/your-sim-card it does not exist.

That is pathetic.

The phone is asking for a SIM network unlock PIN - no indication anywhere on the packaging where this is.

Useless company. I will be returning it and cancelling the process. Extremely poor customer service.
icon

Best answer by iamyelling 4 December 2018, 12:10

View original

3 replies

My phone was not locked as was confirmed by the company I bought it from. As I am unable to login to any account except an old one that I had I have had no choice but to cancel the direct debit with my bank as I have no other way to close this useless account. Your garbage information that you sent with the sim telling me it was simple and would work immediately was a lie and I will never go with ID again.
Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @SimonBrown

We appreciate you're angry here, but from the information given it sounds like the phone is the issue here, and you would likely run into similar issues with other networks (aside from the one that was used previously with that phone itself).

You will need to contact someone on our Customer Services Team if you wish for us to disconnect the SIM and close the account for you.

Please either try reaching out to our Live Chat Team or call our Customer Services number available here

If none of those options above help you, we're also on Facebook and Twitter if that's preferable.

Simply cancelling the Direct Debit would put you at risk of getting unpaid bills on your account and thus damaging your credit score.

Userlevel 2
Hello Simon,

Sorry to hear you are having problems, to register your sim please try this link - https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/id-app-and-id-account

The issue you have with SIM network unlock PIN - this sounds like your current phone is locked to the previous network. You will have this problem with a network locked mobile, the options are to speak to your current provider regarding unlocking your mobile, go to a shop that can help or try sites like Ebay where you provide the Phone IMEI and Model type and they will send you a code. When you put in the new SIM card, you enter the code you have been issued which is unique to the phone. Once the phone is unlocked you can use any SIM card from any provider.

Best Regards
Ian

Why iD Mobile?