Contacting iD Mobile During the Festive Period - 2021

• 29 November 2021
  • 6 replies
Contacting iD Mobile During the Festive Period - 2021
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
  • iD Mobile Employee
  • 118 replies

Everything you need to know about contacting iD Mobile during the festive period

At iD Mobile, we believe everyone that uses our network should be able to access the help and support they need, all year round, including Christmas and New Year.

Whether you’re treating yourself to a new phone in time for 2022, porting your number from another network, or simply need help finding the answer to a certain question, we want to make sure you’re one step ahead during the festive season. So, we’ve put together a quick update on our Christmas and New Year opening times, how to access help and support, and plenty more. Here’s what you need to know:

Help and support:

We mention it a lot throughout the year, and yes, we may be biased, but really, the best place to access help and support with iD Mobile services is right here, on the iD Community. With around 53,000 members and many iD Superheroes among them, the Community and Help and Support hub is the fastest place to find the answers you’re looking for.

Simply search for the question in the top search bar to see if someone’s asked it before, and if not, post it yourself! The Help and Support hub is available 24/7, and there’s always plenty of ace iD members, Superheroes and staff on hand to help.

Of course, in the event that you can’t find the perfect solution here, you may want to speak to someone in person via Live Chat. We’ve got you! Here’s our Customer Service opening times from Christmas Eve going through to the new year:

Date

Day

Holiday

Opening times

24th December

Friday

Christmas Eve

9am – 6pm

25th December

Saturday

Christmas Day

Closed

26th December

Sunday

Boxing Day

9am – 6pm

27th December

Monday

Bank Holiday

9am – 6pm

28th December

Tuesday

Bank Holiday

9am – 6pm

29th December

Wednesday

9am – 8pm

30th December

Thursday

9am – 8pm

31st December

Friday

New Year’s Eve

9am – 6pm

1st January

Saturday

New Year’s Day

Closed

2nd January

Sunday

9am – 6pm

3rd January

Monday

Bank Holiday

9am – 6pm

Switching to iD Mobile over Christmas and New Year

If you’re planning to make the move over to iD Mobile between Wednesday 22nd December and Tuesday 4th January, it may take a little longer than usual to complete the process. But don’t worry! You’ll still be able to make the switch, whether you’re keeping your old number or leaving it behind.

You won’t need to hold off on using your new iD Mobile plan until the switching process is complete, either. You’ll still be able to use your new plan, it’ll just take slightly longer to disconnect your old one. Just remember, if you are carrying your number over from your old network, your number won’t transfer over until your old account is officially disconnected.

Here’s a breakdown of when you can expect your switch to complete, depending on the day you gave us your PAC or STAC code:

Give us your PAC/STAC by:

Date you'll switch to iD:

Wednesday 22nd December after 5.30pm -

Thursday 23rd December before 5.30pm

Wednesday 29th December

between 8am and 10pm

Thursday 23rd December after 5.30pm -
Wednesday 29th December before 5.30pm

Thursday 30th December between 8am and 10pm

Wednesday 29th December after 5.30pm - Thursday 30th December before 5.30pm

Tuesday 4th January between 8am and 10pm

Thursday 30th December after 5.30pm - Tuesday 4th January before 5.30pm

Wednesday 5th January between 8am and 10pm

From Wednesday 5th January onwards, your switch will be processed on the next working day as usual!

Deliveries and orders over Christmas and New Year

Want that new handset or SIM in time for the festive period?

SIM only

Place your SIM only order by 8pm on Monday 20th December to get it in time for Christmas.

Once the order has been processed and dispatched, we’ll send a confirmation email.

SIMs are sent via Royal Mail 2nd Class and take 2-3 working days to be delivered. There’s no tracking info on SIM Only deliveries and you won’t have to sign for it, so keep an eye out amongst all the festive cards!

Handset plans

Place your Handset order by 8pm on Tuesday 21st December to get it by Christmas.

Once your handset’s been dispatched, we’ll send you a confirmation email. Shortly after, DPD will send you a tracking number via text or email, along with the delivery date. On the delivery date, you’ll receive a text or email with an estimated delivery time.

Handsets are sent via DPD Next Day Delivery and will be delivered to you the following working day after dispatch. Your delivery requires a signature, so make sure someone is available to receive it.

If you’re waiting on a handset delivery and you have your tracking number, you can track it here.

Delivery in time for Christmas is dependent on the courier’s ability to fulfil the delivery within their stated time frame during the festive period. SIM Only plans are sent vis Royal Mail 2nd Class and handset plans are sent via DPD Next Day Delivery.

Any orders placed after 8pm will be processed and dispatched the next working day.

From everyone at iD Mobile, we wish you all a merry Christmas and happy holidays!

6 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi there

Thanks for keeping me appraised of you Christmas service. Hopefully I wont need it as you have done a good job up untill the point the signal kept disapearing last summer but that went away and its been good except for one major point.

I have started working in Honiton at the post code EX14 1SD. When I am outside my office i can usually get a signal but when inside the office i have no service. This I find is becoming unacceptable. Before I change service provider can you confirm that like other service providers you may have an ambition to increase the signal strength to get an inside service for 8.5 hours a day

Merry Christmas

Neil

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@neilsurf have you used our coverage checker available at idmobile.co.uk? In addition, one of our advisors will be able to help you with this question. Please can you post your question using the blue ‘create a topic’ button or blue pencil (if on mobile). That way, the team will have full visibility and someone will get back you shortly.

Emil

Userlevel 1

I dont need the coverage checker. i can tell you without that the signal is not strong enough for inside. as I can only make emergancy calls when inside.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @neilsurf,

We are always working hard to improve our coverage but at the moment we don’t have a time frame for when the coverage will improve at the postcode provided. I can see that the coverage is limited indoor unfortunately.

Kash

I requested a PAC code from you and didn’t receive it. Now the contract has ended, so I can’t text to request my PAC code. How can you send me it?

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hey @Charisse Heydon, we’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Thank you,

Rory

Why iD Mobile?