Customer notice: 3G and 4G Calls are not working for some customers

• 14 October 2021
  • 15 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge

We’re currently experiencing a technical issue that means some customers may be unable to make or receive calls over our 3G and 4G network. Please bear with us, our technical team is working hard to fix this issue and full service will be restored as soon as possible. 

While we’re working to restore this function, you should still be able to use Wi-Fi Calling, Texts, and Data.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

15 replies

Hi. Is this still an issue? My mum cannot make or receive calls suddenly? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Danielle Cooper,

Is you mother still having these issues, as the problem should have been fixed now.

Will

No signal at LL30 1ng llanrhos at the top of the hill .

Got worse been like this for 4 months .

When will I get some information please 

My partner has left id for Bt.

Been with you for many years so will give one more chance .

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Jack Ormrod,

Are you currently on 4G?

I can see that we have an outage in your area and it has taken longer than expected to resolve.

Could you please try and change your network settings to ‘3G Only’, hopefully this should improve things.

Let us know how you get on.

Kash

Service has deteriorated si ce mid_December. I get frequent dropped calls, and ofter a caller can not hear me at all. Am in Sheffield 6. Just waiting for the end of my contract now.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Gyant,

Have you checked our coverage checker to check the coverage in your area?

Also could you try the SIM in a different handset and see if that makes a difference?

Kash

The coverage checker shows V.good for 3G & 4G. Not 5G.

yes, tried  in a Motorola as well as my Samsung A51.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Gyant,

Is the other user not able to hear you with both devices?

Kash

Correct. The other user can't hear me but I can sometimes hear them.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Gyant,

We could look into getting a new SIM card sent to see if that makes a difference?

Kash

We’re currently experiencing a technical issue that means some customers may be unable to make or receive calls over our 3G and 4G network. Please bear with us, our technical team is working hard to fix this issue and full service will be restored as soon as possible. 

While we’re working to restore this function, you should still be able to use Wi-Fi Calling, Texts, and Data.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

My data hasn’t been working for about two weeks. it does not load anything and just overall doesn’t work at all. please fix this 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @greenswamp,

Have you tried resetting your network settings?

It may also be worth checking the coverage in your area. If everything seems good with the coverage I would advise trying the SIM in a different handset.

Kash

Hi @greenswamp,

Have you tried resetting your network settings?

It may also be worth checking the coverage in your area. If everything seems good with the coverage I would advise trying the SIM in a different handset.

Kash

how do you reset network settings 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @greenswamp,

Which phone make and model are you using?

If you're using iOS 15 or later, tap Settings > General > Transfer or Reset [Device] > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
If you're using iOS 14 or earlier, tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This may also reset Wi-Fi networks and passwords, mobile data settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.

On Android devices, the steps will be quite different depending on manufacturer and software version. 

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?