News

Customer notice: Collections notification incorrectly sent out to some customers

• 28 September 2021
  • 15 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3
  • iD Mobile Employee
  • 118 replies

Hi Everyone,

We're aware of an issue where some customers have been sent an outstanding balance notification in error.

If you have received this notification but have recently made full payment for your recent iD Mobile bill, either by Direct Debit or manual payment, please disregard this notification.

You can check your balance by either calling 7777 from your iD Mobile phone, or check on the iD Mobile app.

We are sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Emil

15 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi Emil,

I got the email.

Website was dow yesterday. Very slow today.

Live chat does NOT work!!

Shocking service TBH.

You guys need to invest more in the CS part of the business or will lose customers.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Santos L Perez,

We appreciate your feedback, and understand your frustration. 

Will

As this referred to my first DD which had not yet been taken I paid with my credit card (to avoid my account being suspended!) and am now one months charge overpaid. How do I reclaim this ?

Steve

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @StevePenang,

Are you advising you’ve paid extra and require a refund?

Will

Hi,

I received this email. I paid my bill through the app so that my account would not be suspended. But now I have been charged by direct debit too (meaning I have paid my bill twice) how do I get a refund on the extra I have paid? Thanks

Userlevel 1

Hi, I also received this email. I paid my bill through the app (after eventually getting connected!) so that my account wasn’t suspended. This morning I have been charged by direct debit too (meaning I have potentially paid my bill twice). 

I’ve checked my bank account this morning and the amount I paid on the App is still in pending transactions awaiting collection by ID mobile. So I phoned my bank and they have informed that they cannot cancel this payment as it is in process and requires the payee to reject it so need to contact them (I told them it was like contacting North Korea i.e. very difficult!) Therefore, can you please reject this payment and hopefully inform me that this has happened so the transaction does not go through (surely ID mobile can do this in light that this issue is of their making!).

Please inform me how to proceed so the info stated above is linked to my ID account. If this gets taken from my bank account (which I will be really annoyed) how will I get a refund on the extra I have paid? Thanks

Userlevel 1

Any chance you could actually just send an apology email out? 48hrs to press send all is a bit lame.

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I have had the same issue and like most people I paid the amount owed by debit card and I have checked today to find another payment has come out by Direct debit. I now require a refund of £31.63.  Please can you advise me on how to do this. Thanks

Userlevel 1

I’ve just been on the chat bot site.. someone suggested typing ‘speak to a person’ so I did and got connected to a ‘real’ person to chat with about the issue. After some initial security Q’s the ID adviser assessed my account, understood the problem of 2 payments and has refunded my bank account (within next 5 days). Fingers crossed for the above.

Userlevel 1

I’ve just been on the chat bot site.. someone suggested typing ‘speak to a person’ so I did and got connected to a ‘real’ person to chat with about the issue. After some initial security Q’s the ID adviser assessed my account, understood the problem of 2 payments and has refunded my bank account (within next 5 days). Fingers crossed for the above.

That’s fab thank you, I will try that now :-)

Userlevel 1

I have now been able to speak to a person through live chat as suggested above. My refund has been actioned

Hi like many others I paid my bill after being sent an email saying my account would be suspended so rang 7777 and paid over the phone. I checked my bank account today and even though the payment went out yesterday I now have another pending transaction for the same amount going out again. Please can you reject this payment before it goes out.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Jimbob35,

Unfortunately we would be unable to stop the Direct Debit payment once it is scheduled to go through. If you would like to speak to our Live Chat Team (here) as other people in this thread have suggested, they’ll be able to refund you. Type “Speak to an agent” when connected and it’ll pass you through to an advisor who can send you the refund.

Please let us know if you need further help.

Ryan

Sorry to Will for late reply. Yes I do need a refund to my c/c. I have sent a letter to iD at the London address to explain. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @StevePenang 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

-Mohsin

Why iD Mobile?