Question

Customer notice: iD Mobile app is unavailable for some customers

• 27 September 2021
  • 15 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

We're aware of an issue where some customers have been sent an outstanding balance notification in error. This has resulted in an increase in customers trying to access the iD Mobile app which is then adding quite a bit of load to the system. 

As a result, the iD Mobile app and My Account online may be unavailable for some customers. Please bear with us while our technical team is working hard to fix the problem and return to full service as soon as possible. 

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Kieran

15 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Thanks for providing us with a explanation @Kieran C.👍

Userlevel 1

so will phone service continue as normal or will calls and texts become unavailable , my daughter uses 

the phone on the way to school and back

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hi @MarkG? ,

Phone service continues as normal. All our recent plans (which I assume you’re on) have unlimited minutes and texts and these services are not affected.

Thanks,

Kieran

Userlevel 1

A follow up email letting customers know that this was in error might stop your web site getting hammered?

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hi @Ian Brock ,

Yes, you’re correct. That particular comms will be sent out to those affected this morning. 

Thanks,

Kieran

Userlevel 1

Does it really take 14hrs to send an email to “all”?

Userlevel 1

I got a message saying my bill will be sent to collections if not paid but my direct debit was not even taken from my bank! 

I received this email last night. 

I

have a direct debit which I haven't cancelled and haven't missed a payment.  When I click on my account there is nothing there to suggest I'm behind on payments.  What's going on?

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

You can safely ignore the email @Weathers

Hi,

i have also received this email last night saying my payment wasnt paid.  My direct debit is still in place but no collection appears to have happened for it? 

can you please provide an update as soon as possible as if there is an issue with payments collecting at your end i don’t want this to show as a missed or late payment on my credit file?

i also cant get online to make a manual payment due to the demand on your app/website.

can you provide an update to the above please as soon as possible

regards

chris

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Clearly there’s still a massive system problem at iD @Christopher Smith.

If your direct debit is not collected on the usual date, iD will normally try to collect the payment 5 days later. You’re probably best advised to avoid making a manual payment if you have a DD arrangement setup.

I’m sure iD will fix the problem/s eventually. At this point-in-time, I don’t think anything shown online can be relied upon - a sad state of affairs.

Userlevel 1

Still not had my email telling me to ignore the first one? It doesn’t take 48hrs to filter a sent mail list and re-send a modified message, the sooner you do this the sooner the pressure will drop on your web site.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Ian Brock,

This was issued as an SMS, did you receive that at all?

Ryan

Userlevel 1

Hi Ryan

Like a lot of Parents, I pay for my childs SIM, but don’t have access to the phone, so no, I haven’t received an SMS. You screwed up by email, fix it by email or quite a few customers will miss the message.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Ian Brock,

I’m sorry to hear that you do not have access to the phone. Our network has decided to issue the message via SMS to the phone number belonging to the iD Mobile account. We wouldn’t be able to issue this via a different route or to a different phone number I’m afraid.

We would recommend obtaining access to the phone temporarily if possible, or asking the user to forward the message to you in order to view the message. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?