News

Customer notice: Suspected fraudulent texts

Customer notice: Suspected fraudulent texts
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
  • iD Mobile Employee
  • 118 replies

We’ve been made aware that some customers have received various text messages from multiple numbers, falsely impersonating and claiming to be iD Mobile.

Several texts have been sent out to customers and you can see the versions we are aware about below:

Text 1:

“iD Mobile: We have been unable to confirm your details for this month's payment. To avoid suspension of your line, please confirm your up to date details via the following link: <<link>>”

Text 2:

“iD Mobile: Your latest payment has been unsuccessful. Please update your details here:  https://bit.ly/3tNuzLK”

Text 3:

•    iD: Your monthly payment failed, in order to continue using our services please verify your details here: <<link>>

Please note these messages are not from iD Mobile. If you receive a message such as the above, do not click the link and enter your details, as these will not be safe.

For more information on how to spot fraudulent activity such as phishing, smishing and impersonations, please view the articles below:

In addition, if you have knowingly received fraudulent text messages claiming to iD Mobile, please comment the exact phrasing below, so we can investigate the genuineness of the message and then add it to the list above, if need be. 

Please stay vigilant. 

32 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Lloyd,

As @Lasithi Lad mentioned, it’s all guess work and hoping to get lucky on the part of those behind the messages. These people have sent messages to people who aren’t on iD Mobile too. 

Will

We’ve been made aware that some customers have received various text messages from multiple numbers, falsely impersonating and claiming to be iD Mobile.

Several texts have been sent out to customers and you can see the versions we are aware about below:

Text 1:

“iD Mobile: We have been unable to confirm your details for this month's payment. To avoid suspension of your line, please confirm your up to date details via the following link: <<link>>”

Text 2:

“iD Mobile: Your latest payment has been unsuccessful. Please update your details here:  https://bit.ly/3tNuzLK”

Text 3:

•    iD: Your monthly payment failed, in order to continue using our services please verify your details here: <<link>>

Please note these messages are not from iD Mobile. If you receive a message such as the above, do not click the link and enter your details, as these will not be safe.

For more information on how to spot fraudulent activity such as phishing, smishing and impersonations, please view the articles below:

In addition, if you have knowingly received fraudulent text messages claiming to iD Mobile, please comment the exact phrasing below, so we can investigate the genuineness of the message and then add it to the list above, if need be. 

Please stay vigilant. 

What should you do if you have replied to the text and filled in all the details???

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Ashmea,

Are you an existing iD Mobile customer?

Will

Userlevel 1

Yes I got no3 on the list payment failed ,I pressed the link for about a second and I deleted the message it was only in a small box and I didn’t press nothing they were after my bank details obviously,

could they have got information from that second 

Hi I also received a fraudulent text to say my payment failed. I opened the text and I may have clicked the link. Help what to do ? how can I tell if I’ve been affected by this please?

I clicked on the link and updated my details  i,m not sure if it went through. Is there any precautions i should now take  thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Jackie Mahoney, @veganruby  and @Jean.Dolan,

We’ll shortly send each of you you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further and check on the status of your accounts.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Will

Why iD Mobile?