Customer Notice: The iD Mobile app and My Account online is now available

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

*Updated 05 August - Emil

Good news! The iD Mobile app and My account online are now back up and running.

Our team's have been working tirelessly through the night and have resolved the issues that were causing a disruption to the iD App and My Account online services. Our technical teams are continuously monitoring the iD app and My Account online and haven't seen any issues with logging in or with any of the services available within them.

If you're still having issues logging in, please restart your phone and attempt to log in again. If the issue persists, let us know below, and one of our team will get back to you.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused and thank you for bearing with us during these essential upgrades.

Emil

*Updated 04 August - Emil

Hi everyone,

Unfortunately, the infrastructure upgrades made over the past week are still causing some problems. This means some services are unavailable or experiencing intermittent issues. 

These services include but are not limited to:

• The iD Mobile app is mostly available; however, some customers are getting intermittent connection errors.
  • My Account online is mostly available; however, some customers are getting intermittent connection errors.
  • SMS alerts
    • Some SMS alerts are coming from i” rather than iD Mobile
  • Our ability to send out service emails and campaigns
  • ‘Password Reset’ emails have been sent out to some customers in error (if you have received this email, the email is legitimately from us but if you did not request a password reset then please ignore it)

Our teams are working around the clock to rectify these issues and we’re trying to get everything fixed as soon as possible. We apologise for any inconvenience this might’ve caused. We’ll continue to update this thread as further information comes available. 

If you require support, our Live Chat team are available 9am - 8pm Monday to Friday, and 9am - 6pm Saturday and Sunday. They’ll be happy to assist you with any queries you may have.

Thanks for your support and understanding.

Emil

*Updated 03 August - Kieran

Hi everyone,

This week we made some significant upgrades to our infrastructure so that we can provide better services to you, our customers. Unfortunately, during these upgrades, we encountered some issues, some of which are still being worked on by our technical teams.

Key outstanding issues:

• The iD Mobile app is unavailable -  *The iD Mobile app is mostly available; however, some customers are getting intermittent connection errors.
  • My Account online is mostly unavailable. *My Account online is mostly available; however, some customers are getting intermittent connection errors.
  • SMS alerts

Our teams are working around the clock to rectify these issues and we’re trying to get everything fixed as soon as possible. We apologise for any inconvenience this might’ve caused. We’ll continue to update this thread as further information comes available. 

If you require support, our Live Chat team are available 9am - 8pm Monday to Friday, and 9am - 6pm Saturday and Sunday. They’ll be happy to assist you with any queries you may have.

Kieran

34 replies

Userlevel 1

Missing key outstanding issue

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Send a text or phone phone a friend and ask them to tell you the number on their caller display. Not ideal I know, but it will get you what you need to create your ID MOBILE account. 👍

Userlevel 1

Seeing as there's been 4 days of major issues can someone from IDMobile confirm what compensation you will be giving to customers and explain why you didn't bother rolling back your upgrade as it has clearly failed, very poor service quality.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Thanks @Pauly1207

Unfortunately, this issue appears to have become more prominent this morning. I’ve updated the article to reflect the information.

Userlevel 1

Hi everyone,

This week we made some significant upgrades to our infrastructure so that we can provide better services to you, our customers. Unfortunately, during these upgrades, we encountered some issues, some of which are still being worked on by our technical teams.

Key outstanding issues:

• The iD Mobile app is unavailable
  • My Account online is mostly unavailable. This means some customers can access their account through https://my.idmobile.co.uk/ but most cannot.
  • SMS alerts

Kieran

why fix it if it wasnt broke

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

All you need to register @Carlos Thomas is your ID Mobile phone number. ID Mobile don’t include the number they assign you in any of their emails (well they didn’t with both my orders) and even if they did, you can’t register until you have access to the phone/SIM as a one-time code is sent to confirm the number.

Userlevel 1

I am unable to log in to either the App or My Account on the website. I cannot make outgoing calls or access my voicemail. When I try to do so, I get a message to the effect that I have an outstanding payment, which is incorrect. This began yesterday and has never happened before. Will you please tell me how I can contact a human being about this to get it sorted out? I’m really appalled by this standard of service and lack of communication about these issues. 

Userlevel 1

I am trying to cancel as I I was trying to contact you for another SIM but now cannot be bothered to stay. I am getting so many fake/unwanted calls & have switched to another network but simply not been able to log on with the app or online for a week! 

This is why I dislike providers you cannot call.

Userlevel 1

Are there issues with new customers? I’ve yet to be sent any info regarding my transaction number and ID mobile number. I bought a new phone from Carphone Warehouse 2 days ago now….

Userlevel 1

I got my new SIM from ID 2 days back and haven’t been able to port my number .. it means I am paying up for 2 contracts already.. How can this be requested/sorted while your technical website issues are resolved? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Carlos Thomas,

Have you checked both Spam/Junk folders for a welcome email?

Will

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @guptagaurav85,

The situation with the App and Account difficulties is still ongoing. These issues are affecting our ability to port numbers too. To keep up to date with all the latest announcements surrounding the matter, please follow the link below:

Thanks for your ongoing patience.

Will

Userlevel 1

The patience is running out, Will.. This needs to be sorted tonight before my old contract starts again in 3 days for another month.. Is there a possibility this will continue longer than tonight, because if yes, I would rather cancel with ID and move elsewhere to avoid paying extra to my existing service provider.. 

Userlevel 1

Hi @Carlos Thomas,

Will

Erm, yes. Nothing.

I’m in a similar situation to @guptagaurav85 , in that I’ve a contract that’s up for renewal soon. I’ve a PAC and I’m looking to port a number across. What’s the ETA on this fix pls? 

And whilst your app is down, is there no other way to register?

The announcement we are directed to for latest information has had no update since 1015pm last night. This is not great customer service.

Userlevel 1

Hi @Carlos Thomas,

Will

Erm, yes. Nothing.

I’m in a similar situation to @guptagaurav85 , in that I’ve a contract that’s up for renewal soon. I’ve a PAC and I’m looking to port a number across. What’s the ETA on this fix pls? 

@guptagaurav85 I managed at last to register on the iD site and forgot about the app. Once registered i was able to use my PAC within my account. You’ll need your SIM and the transaction reference on the invoice that came with the SIM. Good luck. Appalling experience really 

Userlevel 1

Hi @Carlos Thomas,

Will

Erm, yes. Nothing.

I’m in a similar situation to @guptagaurav85 , in that I’ve a contract that’s up for renewal soon. I’ve a PAC and I’m looking to port a number across. What’s the ETA on this fix pls? 

@guptagaurav85 I managed at last to register on the iD site and forgot about the app. Once registered i was able to use my PAC within my account. You’ll need your SIM and the transaction reference on the invoice that came with the SIM. Good luck. Appalling experience really 

Thanks, and CONGRATS on navigating the minefield! I’ve still not got ANYTHING from them. No welcome email. No ID mobile number. No transaction number. So can’t even register on their website. 

Userlevel 1

Thanks @WelshPaul , but I haven’t even been given an ID mobile phone number. I’ve been sent the SIM and phone, both from Carphone Warehouse. But the only text I’ve got from them is to confirm Roaming and International calling is automatically switched on. 

Userlevel 1

if ID Mobile is running an online ONLY based service then it is paramount that the online system is 100% reliable, which it isn’t. I can’t see this business lasting very long.

Userlevel 1

I’m afraid your online portal and mobile app appear to be failing to login.

When will these issues be fixed?

Still no access to my.idmobile.co.uk - just keep getting the error shown below.

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to my.idmobile.co.uk. PR_CONNECT_RESET_ERROR

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
    Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

This is all I get trying to open the app

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

The login page takes an age to load for me and then all I ever get is this:

*Updated 03 August

Hi everyone,

Key outstanding issues:

• The iD Mobile app is unavailable -  *The iD Mobile app is mostly available; however, some customers are getting intermittent connection errors.
  • My Account online is mostly unavailable. *My Account online is mostly available; however, some customers are getting intermittent connection errors.
  • SMS alerts

Kieran

An outage of 4+ days sounds major to me, this is serious and could cost you customers. Including me.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Joanna_M,

You can contact our Live Chat Team here for fast help with that. If you ask to “speak to an agent” it should pass you through when one is available. Let us know if you still need assistance.

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?