News

Customer Notice: We're experiencing issues with the ‘iD Mobile App’ and ‘My Account Online'

• 15 November 2021
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3
  • iD Mobile Employee
  • 118 replies

Good morning everyone,

We wanted to make you aware that we are experiencing some technical issues with the following services:

• The iD Mobile App
  • My Account Online
  • Porting/Switching requests via SMS (Text Message)
  • BT Landline calls (3G and 4G voice degradation across BT based landlines)

As a result of these issues, some customers may experience longer loading times and/or may not be able to use/log into the iD App and My Account Online. Some customers will also not be able to process/request their porting/switching information via SMS (text message) and some landline calls may be disrupted on not connect due to the ongoing voice degradation.

Our technical teams are working hard to resolve the issue as soon as possible. We apologise for any inconveniences caused.

Updates:

16/11/21 at 9:00

Services have been fully restored, if any customers are still experiencing issues, they should restart their device. 

Thanks,

Emil

iD Community Manager

10 replies

Userlevel 1

This problem is not acceptable you have not let any of your customers know.It is important to make calls to sick family but this service is not fit for purpose  I will be switching service provider.

Userlevel 1

I switched from GiffGaff Friday moving my number using PAC- was told my switch over would be today (15th Nov 2021).

GiffGaff closed my SIM this morning, so I am no longer getting calls.

ID haven’t switched me over.  I can’t even forward calls from my number as GiffGaff have done their part.

On top of this, when I try to reset my password (as I cannot log in) - the system does not recognise either my old number or my new one.  I don’t exist any more!!!!!

Surely these things should happen at the same time - or one wait for the other?  I run a business and am trying to move home - missing calls today especially is just terrible.

This keeps happening its a very poor service will definitely be changing when my contract expires. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I switched from GiffGaff Friday moving my number using PAC- was told my switch over would be today (15th Nov 2021).

GiffGaff closed my SIM this morning, so I am no longer getting calls.

ID haven’t switched me over.  I can’t even forward calls from my number as GiffGaff have done their part.

On top of this, when I try to reset my password (as I cannot log in) - the system does not recognise either my old number or my new one.  I don’t exist any more!!!!!

Surely these things should happen at the same time - or one wait for the other?  I run a business and am trying to move home - missing calls today especially is just terrible.

Sadly, leaving and joining events rarely happen at the same time.

When I joined iD and switched, the SMS I got told me my port might not be finished before 10pm.
Others have reported the switch is usually complete by 3pm; but, iD are having some back-end systems trouble today (see here).

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Article updated 15/11 at 15:30pm

Emil

Hi my service is only working I missed a payment and have now paid this and I have still had no service a week later 

There seems to be no way of contacting yous can some get back to me asap 

I have had the worst experience than any other provider by far!! It is so bad that I have even and am still considering paying out the rest of me and my wife’s contract which is 10 months and just accepting the cost.

The data alone has been terrible everywhere. I work all over the midlands and south, all major cities and even with full 4g signal the quality and speeds are so bad I die a little inside. 

It is even starting to negatively affect mine and my wife’s relationship as we have to constantly interrupt each other or call each other back or ask what she said easily 10 times in a row as the call quality is so bad and far beyond what I believed was possible. 

That may sound weird but I have even created a tik tok just to show how bad it has been. 

So I been suffering with the basic cutting in and out and call failures but had some very interesting issues like hearing “sorry could not connect your call” in the middle of a call!! Had it ring but say “sorry could not connect your call” but still connect and that message playing over the top of my wife speaking.

Also when speaking I get what can only be described as 90’s modem like dial up sounds super loud during the call and only solution is to hang up and place another call. This mainly happens id to id mobile luckily it’s such a bad and unknown network anyone important and work related I speak to isn’t using it.

I could go on and on but the worst part is because of their lack of a call centre when I tried to cancel my contract within the 14 days I couldn’t get through to anyone as it’s a slightly complicated cancellation as me and the wife bought our numbers over and when trying to do it through the app it kept trying to charge us the full price of the contract term. Now we need our numbers back so we are just weighing up our options to request pak codes via text and just swallow the remainder of the contract for the sake of our sanity! 

I to have had issues with ID mobile. 

Very poor signal and calls breaking up.

Through live chat was advised to swich to 3G instead of the 4 or 5G expected.  And if this doesnt work to terminate contract returning phones. It has improved slightly on 3G but this isnt what I'm paying for, and to hand back our handsets would leave us high and dry and loose all our phone content.  

I will probably allow contract to end and change provider. 

Never using ID again. 

Rowy0 

Dave 

This keeps happening its a very poor service will definitely be changing when my contract expires. 

I will do the same, even if I am going to pay more at least there will be human beings answering the phone.

Why iD Mobile?