iD 5G Network: Device Compatibility

iD 5G Network: Device Compatibility

Show first post

159 replies

Userlevel 1

Please add Realme GT 5G.

Userlevel 1

Hi ID,

Great news on 5G, please don't forget to add the Oneplus 9 Pro, my latest device... ☺️ ☺️ ☺️ 

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hey @jtankard keep your eyes peeled here, as new devices will be added.

Emil 

Userlevel 1

For anybody wondering, 5g works fine on my flip 3 and fold 3

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@sinish.me,

Unfortunately not at the moment but you can view the link below for further information about supported devices.

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/5g

Kash

Userlevel 1

Any Updates on Pixel 5G ? Nearly mid October and will Android 12 affect the 5G again as we will be getting Android 12 Upgrade soon maybe in couple of weeks on Pixel 5

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@Freezing_hot thanks for your question! :)

We are expecting confirmation of device approval before 31st October.

We shall update the article as soon as we receive approval.

Not long too go now, don’t worry.

Emil

Userlevel 1

Is 5G ready to come to the IPhone 12 as I’ve had a carrier update recently and the 5G option is now visible in mobile data settings 

Userlevel 1

I’m more then happy just to have 5G on Id as it hasn’t been available on the iPhone until now

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @FriendlyLlama 

I would imagine it won't be too much longer until the iPhone 12 will be tested and confirmed as a working 5G compatible handset on our network.

-Mohsin

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

The iPhone 12 series, is currently being tested.

Once approved, you will find them under the ‘Approved Apple Devices’ list. 

Emil

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

The Google Pixel 5 has been removed from the 5G approved devices list above on 10/08/21.

Google have confirmed some issues with compatibility with our 5G network which means iD customers will not be able to connect to our 5G network using this device.

The Google Pixel 5 5G will become available to use on our iD 5G network from mid October 2021.

Emil

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

This articles has now been updated with the approved Apple devices, these have been tested on the iD 5G network and are good to go! 25/06/21

Userlevel 1

If it's of any use to anyone my phone (Realme 7 5g model RMX2111 - Android version 11) has just connected to 5G.

I haven't as yet had time to run any speed tests.

However as you can see it failed the ipv6 test, not that's important to me.... 

Userlevel 1

Hi, Its already mid October but still NO 5G for Pixel ,5

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Selgovae,

Pleased to hear that :)

Hope it helps others.

Mohammed

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Yelloperil 

I’m sorry I’m unable to offer a timescale. We’re testing new handsets regularly and will update once it’s live.

Michelle 

iD Mobile 

Userlevel 1

Hi @Yelloperil 

I’m sorry I’m unable to offer a timescale. We’re testing new handsets regularly and will update once it’s live.

Michelle 

iD Mobile 

You did provide provide a timescale , No ? See attached screenshot please .

Userlevel 1

@Nickr0 and @WelshPaul In theory, yes, having a 5G enabled device means you should be able to connect to a 5G network. However, until we have tested every 5G capable device on our network for any potential compatibility issues, we cannot provide a blanket statement of saying ‘all devices work’. 

It may be that you have a 5G enabled device and it does work on our network, but until we have tested and it passes all our tests, we cannot add it to the approved devices list. 

We’re continuing to work with Three UK on device testing and ensuring all 5G compatible phones will be tested and approved for use on our new 5G network. 

I hope that makes sense. 

Any further questions, then please post them below :)

Emil

I’m curious as to what test you have to run, All the other networks that offer 5g will automatically work with any device that supports the 5g band. Are you doing some monitoring/collecting data of customers web/browsing habits? I think we need some transparency as this is strange, so my 2 year old mi mix 3 5g which supports band n78 will not work?

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @iDmobilePal,

I can’t see the correlation between 5G not being enabled on some handsets, and the reasons you have proposed sorry. Are you able to elaborate please?

Will

Userlevel 1

Hi @iDmobilePal,

I can’t see the correlation between 5G not being enabled on some handsets, and the reasons you have proposed sorry. Are you able to elaborate please?

Will

Never mind. I figure when someone seeks support for their 5g phone, you can say well it’s not on the supported list. I get it now.

Pal

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

This article has been updated with the Google Pixel 5 5G, this device has been approved. 

Emil

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @fourbanks

Any approved handset on our list should be compatible with 5G.

For non-approved handsets, 5G may work, could have issues or stop working following an update.

We are working on adding new handsets all the time but this process isn’t as simple as flicking a switch sadly.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

@iDmobilePal I really don't see any reason why your phone shouldn't work on 5G as it has band 78 NSA. 

https://m.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_mi_mix_3_5g-9602.php

@Nickr0 and @WelshPaul In theory, yes, having a 5G enabled device means you should be able to connect to a 5G network. However, until we have tested every 5G capable device on our network for any potential compatibility issues, we cannot provide a blanket statement of saying ‘all devices work’. 

It may be that you have a 5G enabled device and it does work on our network, but until we have tested and it passes all our tests, we cannot add it to the approved devices list. 

We’re continuing to work with Three UK on device testing and ensuring all 5G compatible phones will be tested and approved for use on our new 5G network. 

I hope that makes sense. 

Any further questions, then please post them below :)

Emil

I’m curious as to what test you have to run, All the other networks that offer 5g will automatically work with any device that supports the 5g band. Are you doing some monitoring/collecting data of customers web/browsing habits? I think we need some transparency as this is strange, so my 2 year old mi mix 3 5g which supports band n78 will not work?

I really don't see any reason why your phone shouldn't work on 5G as it has band 78 NSA. 

https://m.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_mi_mix_3_5g-9602.php

This is the only network I come across that tests devices that already support the 5G bands to then make an official list. It confuses people, previously someone posted he was able to connect with their realme7 which isn’t on the official list.

You're right. Why bother with all that work, you think customer support would have better things to do with their time. 

My take on this is that 5G in the UK currently only works on band 78 NSA. So before you buy your new phone just check it includes that band, then hopefully it should work on all the UK's networks, including iD mobile. And gsmarena.com is a good place to check this. 

Yeah that’s why I thought it was strange, extra work. They’ve posted previously that the google pixel 5 doesn’t work on their network even though it supports band n78 and someone also posted previously that their pixel 4a (5g variant) also doesnt work which supports n78 band too, so something else is at play.

https://m.gsmarena.com/google_pixel_5-10386.php doesn't show NSA, but it mentions band 78.

And https://m.gsmarena.com/google_pixel_4a_5g-10385.php also omits to show NSA. 

Userlevel 1

Hi Mohamed. i don't understand non-approved handsets with ID mobile as with other mobile operators all works well.

Mine is the Reno oppo 4 pro 5G and will need to move on when my contract expires in January as none of what i have been told so far makes any sense 

you either can fix this issue which you have had 2 years so far to do, or you can't very simple to understand i would have thought

you have not even told me what the hold up is yet? 

Why iD Mobile?