News

iD 5G Network: Device Compatibility

iD 5G Network: Device Compatibility

Show first post

159 replies

I don’t know what is wrong with my id mobile  because I can’t be paying 70 something pounds a month without the network not working and the contract says is 5g network 

So my Realme X50 5G Global Edition   mobile phone worked seamlessly on 5G when I was a THREE customer.

Since moving to ID Mobile no 5G is available 😞 and the 5G data toggle disappears from ‘my network settings’ when the ID Mobile sims is used. ID says that 5G is Live in L32 0TJ area but still no connection.

This is very strange Given that ID use Three’s network and I could get a solid 5G signal in this area using a THREE sim card.

If I put a Three, Vodafone, 02 or EE sim card the 5G toggle is present in ‘my network settings’  and can be switched on and used.

What’s going wrong with ID?

My Phone (A Google Pixel 5 - 5G) Is Apparently Unsupported According To Support. Why On Earth Is That?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I don’t know what is wrong with my id mobile  because I can’t be paying 70 something pounds a month without the network not working and the contract says is 5g network 

Wow, that’s a lot of money each month - does anything work?

Really frustrating that my phone (pixel 4a 5g) still not on the list 

I'm getting the feeling that given there is no time table for devices, and my lack of understanding why there even needs to be a list.  Will it ever get on a "list" with ID?

Maybe it's time to move networks.??  

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

I find it odd that 5G is only available on selected 5G phones on ID mobile? It appears that if you have a 5G phone with the main network operators then providing you have a 5G enabled plan and in a 5G coverage area, you get 5G. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Freestuff, the Realme X50 is not supported on iD 5G. Sorry to disappoint.

Thank you,

Rory

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Yelloperil 

I’m sorry we do not have the answer to your question at the moment.

You can find a list of compatible phones online, I have copied the link for you below:

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/5g

I hope I was able to help you with your question.

If my answer resolved your issue, then please mark my answer as ‘Most Helpful’ using the button below the message with the answer. 

Michelle 

iD Mobile 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @TheMoodBoardz,

At present, we officially support 5G on 5 different models of phone, all of which can be found here. We’re working hard to support 5G on more devices as the 5G network expands. We apologise for any upset and inconvenience caused in the meantime.

Ryan

Hi @TheMoodBoardz,

At present, we officially support 5G on 5 different models of phone, all of which can be found here. We’re working hard to support 5G on more devices as the 5G network expands. We apologise for any upset and inconvenience caused in the meantime.

Ryna

Hi,

I Am aware of this fact but my phone (Google Pixel 5 5G) is supported but isn't support? CS says my phone is unsupported when it is.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @TheMoodBoardz 
Are you getting 5G signal on your Google Pixel 5 handset?

-Mohsin

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@fourbanks,

Unfortunately if the device isn’t listed it means that it isn’t approved.

We are always working on adding new devices and some may take longer than others.

Kash

Hi. Currently no. I know my house is not covered but my work & Uni address indoors and outdoors are. My phone's setting say "5G" as the default connect.

Userlevel 1

Hi kash

then why sell it as 5g? You still haven't said as to the reason it won't accept 5G 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @TheMoodBoardz 

The Google Pixel is surely a 5G phone, however, it has not been tested on our 5G service as of yet. We officially support 5G on 5 different models of the phone at the moment, all of which can be found here. Our back-office team is working hard to support 5G on more devices as the 5G network expands.

-Mohsin

Hi @TheMoodBoardz 

The Google Pixel is surely a 5G phone, however, it has not been tested on our 5G service as of yet. We officially support 5G on 5 different models of the phone at the moment, all of which can be found here. Our back-office team is working hard to support 5G on more devices as the 5G network expands.

-Mohsin

Sorry but I'm not sure whether the ID team knows what it's talking about anymore. you - yourself said that the Google Pixel 5 5G (which I have) is supported on IDs 5G network. but you say here it isn't. so is the Google Pixel 5 5G supported or not. you cant say it is when it isnt.

Hi, is the Oppo Realme GT 5G supported? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Yelloperil,

Unfortunately we don’t have timescales for new devices to be added.

We would advise keeping an eye out on the list as it’s being updated regularly.

Kash

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @TheMoodBoardz 

Sorry for the confusion on your end. I will try to simplify this. 

Below are some 5G handsets that are currently out right now: 

• Apple iPhone 12, 12 mini, 12 Pro, and 12 Pro Max.
  • Samsung: Galaxy S10 5G* Galaxy S20, S20+, and S20 Ultra. Galaxy S21, S21+, and S21 Ultra.
  • LG: V50 ThinQ 5G* V60 ThinQ 5G. Wing. ...
  • Google Pixel 5
  • OnePlus: 7 Pro 5G. 7T Pro 5G McLaren. ...
  • Motorola Edge+
  • Motorla Razr 5G.
  • Huawei P40 Pro 5G - Huawei P40 5G

All these phones are 5G handsets, however, this does not mean that they will work on our 5G network straight away. Out of all the handsets mentioned above, only the following are guaranteed to work on the iD 5G network when 5G is available in the area, these are:

Galaxy S21, S21+, and S21 Ultra. Huawei P40 Pro 5G  and Huawei P40 5G.

All other 5G phones are yet to be tested on iD 5G network. More information regarding this will be updated below: 

Hope this helps. 

-Mohsin

Hi @TheMoodBoardz 

Sorry for the confusion on your end. I will try to simplify this. 

Below are some 5G handsets that are currently out right now: 

• Apple iPhone 12, 12 mini, 12 Pro, and 12 Pro Max.
  • Samsung: Galaxy S10 5G* Galaxy S20, S20+, and S20 Ultra. Galaxy S21, S21+, and S21 Ultra.
  • LG: V50 ThinQ 5G* V60 ThinQ 5G. Wing. ...
  • Google Pixel 5
  • OnePlus: 7 Pro 5G. 7T Pro 5G McLaren. ...
  • Motorola Edge+
  • Motorla Razr 5G.
  • Huawei P40 Pro 5G - Huawei P40 5G

All these phones are 5G handsets, however, this does not mean that they will work on our 5G network straight away. Out of all the handsets mentioned above, only the following are guaranteed to work on the iD 5G network when 5G is available in the area, these are:

Galaxy S21, S21+, and S21 Ultra. Huawei P40 Pro 5G  and Huawei P40 5G.

All other 5G phones are yet to be tested on iD 5G network. More information regarding this will be updated below: 

Hope this helps. 

-Mohsin

Hello,

as I said in my last post you said that the list above (on your first post) (which includes the Google Pixel 5 5G) are tested and should work on the ID 5G network.

even Dixons (the company that owns ID) says that the Google Pixel 5 5G is live on the 5G network 

(see here: https://www.carphonewarehouse.com/google/pixel-5-5g.html#!colour=black&capacity=128GB&dealType=pm

I quote “5G now available on the Google Pixel 5 5G on iD Mobile & Vodafone at no extra cost!”

which makes me think that the way this is now being marketed is bordering on misleading.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Article has been updated with new Motorola devices 31/08/2021.

Userlevel 1

Article now includes the Google Pixel 6 and 6 Pro. 

That was Quick for Pixel 6 / 6pro

I have a 5g phone (an oppo reno4 pro 5g) which ID previously sold. Yet I cannot get 5g on your network. Is there any particular reason why you only allow 5g on specific phones, unlike every other mobile network? If not, can you give any compelling reason not to leave for another network?

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @TheMoodBoardz,

We would advise you to contact Carphone Warehouse directly in regards to their website displaying that banner.

Our 5G service may work when using the Google Pixel 5 however as this isn’t an approved device at this time, we can’t guarantee that it will work.

Ryan

Userlevel 1

Hi @TheMoodBoardz 

I can confirm that as stated in the list above (in the article), the Google Pixel 5 5G is a 5G compatible device and has been tested and approved for use on the iD Mobile 5G network.

The only reason you may not have access to our 5G network using this device is that it’s dependent on your geographical location. As we continue to rollout and expand our 5G network, more and more locations will gain access to it. 

Thanks, 

Emil 

Hi,

Are you sure about that ? I am in 5g Area M502ZY & BL53HQ and my Pixel 5 which was working fine on 5G in both Locations when i was with Three Mobile 2 days Ago doesn't connect to 5g network and your 5g updates page still says that it's still being tested and will be available in October possibly which makes sense, but then i read this comment by you, which is totally misleading, can you please confirm when exactly will i be able to use 5g on Pixel 5. Thanks

Why iD Mobile?