iD 5G Network: Device Compatibility

iD 5G Network: Device Compatibility

Show first post

159 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hey @AndyX2Pro 

No problem at all. 

Unfortunately there are no current plans to test the X2 Pro. We are constantly working with our network partners Three and suppliers to expand our list of 5G compatible devices.

In regards to the ideation board, my vision is for it to work how you describe, so let’s see!

We are aiming tor a January/February launch.

Hope my answer helps and thanks for your question :grinning:

Emil

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Article updated with Samsung A52s 5G on 03/09/21

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @James Price, not currently, I’m afraid. You can find the full list of compatible devices here - https://www.idmobile.co.uk/5g

Thank you,

Rory

Hi @TheMoodBoardz 

I can confirm that as stated in the list above (in the article), the Google Pixel 5 5G is a 5G compatible device and has been tested and approved for use on the iD Mobile 5G network.

The only reason you may not have access to our 5G network using this device is that it’s dependent on your geographical location. As we continue to rollout and expand our 5G network, more and more locations will gain access to it. 

Thanks, 

Emil 

Hi.

I am aware the geographical locations of 5G but the ID 5G network were my work, Uni and where I walk doesn't seem to connect. I have confirmed these areas are covered by the ID 5G network using the real time map (which is the same as Three) but for some reason it doesn't connect to my phone. All the settings are correct my end. I thought I might be that the new setting for cellular haven't been sent to my device yet.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@Freezing_hot Hi there, apologies I missed your comment 🙂 Thanks for chasing. 

I can see why this appears confusing, at the time of the post the information I had shared was correct. However, our device testing teams informed us that they encountered some connectivity issues and had to retest. It has been confirmed to us that the Google Pixel 5 5G will be approved for use on our 5G network in mid October. 

Does that answer your question? In addition I will also remove that comment to avoid any further confusion for other members. 

Emil :)

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @OppoReno,

Please click here to see the current list of 5G compatible handsets.

If you have a 5G ready phone that isn’t on the list, then the phone may still be able to connect to the 5G network, it just means we have not tested it yet. Any 5G enabled phone may still work and be able to connect to 5G; however, as we haven’t tested it we cannot guarantee it will until its been tested and placed on the aforementioned list.

Will

I've noticed my pixel 4a (5g) finally connected to the 5g network.  

5G is here!

Strap yourself in for 5G on iD Mobile. At no extra cost. Powered by Three, the UK’s fastest 5G network.*

All iD customers will be able to access the 5G network as long as they have a 5G compatible device, and the device has been tested and approved by us for use on our network. 

Want to know what devices are 5G compatible and if they’ve been tested and approved for use on our 5G network? Then search the internet no more!

We’ve made this really easy and simple for you.

All devices below are 5G compatible and have been tested and approved for use on our 5G network, VoLTE and WiFi Calling.

Approved Android Devices:

Google:

• Google Pixel 5 5G
  • Google Pixel 6
  • Google Pixel 6 Pro

Honor:

• Honor 50
  • Honor Magic 4 Lite 5G

Huawei:

• Huawei P40 5G
  • Huawei P40 Pro 5G

Motorola:

• Motorola G50
  • Motorola Edge 20

• Motorola Edge 20 Lite

• Motorola Edge 20 Pro

OPPO:

• Oppo A54 5G

• Oppo Find X2 Lite

• Oppo Find X3 Lite

• Oppo Find X3 Neo 5G

• Oppo Find X3 Pro 5G

• Oppo Find X5

• Oppo Find X5 Pro

• Oppo Find X5 Lite

Redmi:

• Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G

Samsung:

• Samsung A22 5G
  • Samsung A32 5G
  • Samsung A33 5G
  • Samsung A42 5G
  • Samsung A52s 5G
  • Samsung A53
  • Samsung S21 5G
  • Samsung S21 Plus 5G
  • Samsung S21 Ultra 5G
  • Samsung S21 FE 5G
  • Samsung S22 
  • Samsung S22 Plus
  • Samsung S22 Ultra

Xiaomi:

• Xiaomi 12
  • Xiaomi 12 Pro 5G

Approved Apple Devices:

Apple:

• iPhone 12
  • iPhone 12 Mini
  • iPhone 12 Pro
  • iPhone 12 Pro Max
  • iPhone 13
  • iPhone 13 Mini
  • iPhone 13 Pro
  • iPhone 13 Pro Max
  • iPhone SE (2022)

Please ensure you are running the most up-to-date software. 

*Based on analysis by Ookla®️️ of Speedtest Intelligence®️️ data for Q3-Q4 2021. Ookla trademarks used under license and reprinted with permission. Visit speedtest.net/awards/fastest-5g to find out more.

Device Testing:

As our 5G network continues to be rolled out, the list of devices will continue to grow every time a new 5G enabled device is released and the more devices we start to test. Check back to this article regularly so you don’t miss out.  

I have the realme GT2pro and have done since it's UK release in March this year...since then over 30 different phones have been released by various companies...all have 5g capacity and only a handful have been tested by your company - your testing process needs a jolly good shake up and move some fingers out of various holes and hurry up testing some other brands....realme is one of the fastest growing mobile phone company's and yet non of their phones feature in your device list...i find this rather odd!! Please hurry up and test this phone so I can make full use of its specs, or I am affraid i may be forced to look elsewhere

Why are there no REALME phones on the list? 

Thanks

Userlevel 2

@Emil Thanks for the reply, surprising about Three and the Find X3 Pro because they are selling it on their website http://www.three.co.uk/oppo/find-x3-pro-5g?colour=black&memory=256&paym=true

What about the Oppo Find X2 Pro, which came out last year, is that anywhere on the list?

Thanks

Userlevel 8
Badge +3

Thanks

Hey @Luis M Ruiz

Thanks for your post. 

realme is not currently stocked by iD Mobile - we currently only test phones for network compatibility that we stock, or have stocked. At the moment realme does not appear to be in the iD Mobile pipeline. 

Thanks,

Nikhil

when will 5g arrive in london e5 9hs

I hope the Pixel 4a 5g is on the list

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@AndyX2Pro Apologies, there was a typo in my response, I have now changed it to the X2 Pro in response to your initial question. 

Emil

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Nickr0 

The Pixel 4A 5G is yet to be tested on our network. Once it has, we will update our website here

-Mohsin

My REALME X50 5G (clue in the name) doesn't work with 5g on ID but did when I was with Three. Given that you use the three network are you blocking phones you don't sell? 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Thanks

Hey @Luis M Ruiz

Thanks for your post. 

realme is not currently stocked by iD Mobile - we currently only test phones for network compatibility that we stock, or have stocked. At the moment realme does not appear to be in the iD Mobile pipeline. 

Thanks,

Nikhil

Okay @Nikhil P - iD Mobile stock & sell the iPhone 14 on contract and SIM Free, and yet it’s not listed in as one of iD’s 5G compatible devices, which have been tested & approved for use on the iD Mobile 5G network, along with VoLTE and Wi-Fi Calling.

Why isn’t the iPhone 14 listed as supported for 5G?

Userlevel 1

How about iPhone 12 series? When can we expect to get 5G?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@xanpb_2004,

Keep an eye out here as we’re testing new handsets regularly and will update once it’s live.

Mohammed

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Max Festus Omorogbe, could you be a little (a lot) more specific in your post so we can provide some assistance?

Thank you,

Rory

Userlevel 8
Badge +3

Hi @Luis M Ruiz

We certainly do not block features on phones that have not gone through the network approval process; however, we cannot guarantee that all features (such as 5G), will function on phones that have not gone through testing. 

All phones need to go through extensive testing before being approved to be used on the iD network - unfortunately, i’m not sure of the technical reasoning behind why all phones that are compatible on Three’s network aren’t compatible on iD. 

Thanks,

Nikhil

I ended up leaving. It's not worth paying for 5g when you have a 5g phone that id mobile advertised as 5g yet doesn't work on their network at 5g - baffling. On the other network, it's worked perfectly on 5g from the instant I swapped the SIM cards. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Yelloperil,

We don’t have rough timescales for any handsets sorry. As soon as we know, we update our website as soon as we get the go ahead.

Will

Userlevel 1

OK thanks,

I will have a look at other networks then

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

That’s a shame @Yelloperil, but we understand your decision if 5G roll-out time-frames are something of a priority for you.

Take care, and please let us know if ever you need anything else.

Will

Why iD Mobile?