iD 5G Network: Device Compatibility

iD 5G Network: Device Compatibility

Show first post

159 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Of course, if you live in a 5G enabled area its great news. 👍

Userlevel 1

I’m more then happy just to have 5G on Id as it hasn’t been available on the iPhone until now

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Here is mine (Vodafone Pay Go):

(However, I do get similar speeds to you when in town.)

Three have awful 5G coverage here in Swansea and yet Vodafone are sticking new masts up everywhere.

Userlevel 1

Well I’ve got 5G on a iPhone on idmobile 👌

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

This page will be updated in due course, keep your eyes peeled. 

Emil

Userlevel 1

Is 5G ready to come to the IPhone 12 as I’ve had a carrier update recently and the 5G option is now visible in mobile data settings 

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

This list has now been updated with the Motorola G50

Emil

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

That’s a shame @Yelloperil, but we understand your decision if 5G roll-out time-frames are something of a priority for you.

Take care, and please let us know if ever you need anything else.

Will

Userlevel 1

OK thanks,

I will have a look at other networks then

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Yelloperil,

We don’t have rough timescales for any handsets sorry. As soon as we know, we update our website as soon as we get the go ahead.

Will

Userlevel 1

Hi,

Roughly how long will it take for the oppo find x3 neo to be compatible as I am due an upgrade and feel its pointless if its going to take months to use all of the phones features. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@xanpb_2004,

Keep an eye out here as we’re testing new handsets regularly and will update once it’s live.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

How about iPhone 12 series? When can we expect to get 5G?

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Nickr0 

The Pixel 4A 5G is yet to be tested on our network. Once it has, we will update our website here

-Mohsin

I hope the Pixel 4a 5g is on the list

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @TheMoodBoardz,

We will send you a PM now so we can check out the 5G coverage in the areas mentioned just in case there is a problem with the coverage.

Ryan

Hi @TheMoodBoardz 

I can confirm that as stated in the list above (in the article), the Google Pixel 5 5G is a 5G compatible device and has been tested and approved for use on the iD Mobile 5G network.

The only reason you may not have access to our 5G network using this device is that it’s dependent on your geographical location. As we continue to rollout and expand our 5G network, more and more locations will gain access to it. 

Thanks, 

Emil 

Hi.

I am aware the geographical locations of 5G but the ID 5G network were my work, Uni and where I walk doesn't seem to connect. I have confirmed these areas are covered by the ID 5G network using the real time map (which is the same as Three) but for some reason it doesn't connect to my phone. All the settings are correct my end. I thought I might be that the new setting for cellular haven't been sent to my device yet.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @TheMoodBoardz,

We would advise you to contact Carphone Warehouse directly in regards to their website displaying that banner.

Our 5G service may work when using the Google Pixel 5 however as this isn’t an approved device at this time, we can’t guarantee that it will work.

Ryan

Hi @TheMoodBoardz 

Sorry for the confusion on your end. I will try to simplify this. 

Below are some 5G handsets that are currently out right now: 

• Apple iPhone 12, 12 mini, 12 Pro, and 12 Pro Max.
  • Samsung: Galaxy S10 5G* Galaxy S20, S20+, and S20 Ultra. Galaxy S21, S21+, and S21 Ultra.
  • LG: V50 ThinQ 5G* V60 ThinQ 5G. Wing. ...
  • Google Pixel 5
  • OnePlus: 7 Pro 5G. 7T Pro 5G McLaren. ...
  • Motorola Edge+
  • Motorla Razr 5G.
  • Huawei P40 Pro 5G - Huawei P40 5G

All these phones are 5G handsets, however, this does not mean that they will work on our 5G network straight away. Out of all the handsets mentioned above, only the following are guaranteed to work on the iD 5G network when 5G is available in the area, these are:

Galaxy S21, S21+, and S21 Ultra. Huawei P40 Pro 5G  and Huawei P40 5G.

All other 5G phones are yet to be tested on iD 5G network. More information regarding this will be updated below: 

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/5g

Hope this helps. 

-Mohsin

Hello,

as I said in my last post you said that the list above (on your first post) (which includes the Google Pixel 5 5G) are tested and should work on the ID 5G network.

even Dixons (the company that owns ID) says that the Google Pixel 5 5G is live on the 5G network 

(see here: https://www.carphonewarehouse.com/google/pixel-5-5g.html#!colour=black&capacity=128GB&dealType=pm

I quote “5G now available on the Google Pixel 5 5G on iD Mobile & Vodafone at no extra cost!”

which makes me think that the way this is now being marketed is bordering on misleading.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @TheMoodBoardz 

Sorry for the confusion on your end. I will try to simplify this. 

Below are some 5G handsets that are currently out right now: 

• Apple iPhone 12, 12 mini, 12 Pro, and 12 Pro Max.
  • Samsung: Galaxy S10 5G* Galaxy S20, S20+, and S20 Ultra. Galaxy S21, S21+, and S21 Ultra.
  • LG: V50 ThinQ 5G* V60 ThinQ 5G. Wing. ...
  • Google Pixel 5
  • OnePlus: 7 Pro 5G. 7T Pro 5G McLaren. ...
  • Motorola Edge+
  • Motorla Razr 5G.
  • Huawei P40 Pro 5G - Huawei P40 5G

All these phones are 5G handsets, however, this does not mean that they will work on our 5G network straight away. Out of all the handsets mentioned above, only the following are guaranteed to work on the iD 5G network when 5G is available in the area, these are:

Galaxy S21, S21+, and S21 Ultra. Huawei P40 Pro 5G  and Huawei P40 5G.

All other 5G phones are yet to be tested on iD 5G network. More information regarding this will be updated below: 

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/5g

Hope this helps. 

-Mohsin

Hi @TheMoodBoardz 

The Google Pixel is surely a 5G phone, however, it has not been tested on our 5G service as of yet. We officially support 5G on 5 different models of the phone at the moment, all of which can be found here. Our back-office team is working hard to support 5G on more devices as the 5G network expands.

-Mohsin

Sorry but I'm not sure whether the ID team knows what it's talking about anymore. you - yourself said that the Google Pixel 5 5G (which I have) is supported on IDs 5G network. but you say here it isn't. so is the Google Pixel 5 5G supported or not. you cant say it is when it isnt.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @TheMoodBoardz 

The Google Pixel is surely a 5G phone, however, it has not been tested on our 5G service as of yet. We officially support 5G on 5 different models of the phone at the moment, all of which can be found here. Our back-office team is working hard to support 5G on more devices as the 5G network expands.

-Mohsin

Userlevel 2

Slim list… hopefully it reaches the Galaxy A90 5G soon so I can be tempted back to iD (although curious if anyone has any luck with it on unsupported devices - Wifi Calling/VoLTE worked fine even though this phone isn’t on the list)

Hi. Currently no. I know my house is not covered but my work & Uni address indoors and outdoors are. My phone's setting say "5G" as the default connect.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @TheMoodBoardz 
Are you getting 5G signal on your Google Pixel 5 handset?

-Mohsin

Why iD Mobile?