News

iD 5G Network: Device Compatibility

iD 5G Network: Device Compatibility
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
  • iD Mobile Employee
  • 118 replies

5G is here!

Strap yourself in for 5G on iD Mobile. At no extra cost. Powered by Three, the UK’s fastest 5G network.*

All iD customers will be able to access the 5G network as long as they have a 5G compatible device, and the device has been tested and approved by us for use on our network. 

Want to know what devices are 5G compatible and if they’ve been tested and approved for use on our 5G network? Then search the internet no more!

We’ve made this really easy and simple for you.

All devices below are 5G compatible and have been tested and approved for use on our 5G network, VoLTE and WiFi Calling.

Approved Android Devices:

Google:

• Google Pixel 5 5G
  • Google Pixel 6
  • Google Pixel 6 Pro
  • Google Pixel 6A
  • Google Pixel 7
  • Google Pixel 7 Pro
  • Google Pixel 7a
  • Google Pixel 8
  • Google Pixel 8 Pro
  • Google Fold

Honor:

• Honor 50
  • Honor 70

• Honor 90
  • Honor 90 Lite
  • Honor Magic6 Lite

• Honor Magic 4 Lite 5G
  • Honor Magic 5 Pro
  • Honor Magic 5 Lite 5G

Huawei:

• Huawei P40 5G
  • Huawei P40 Pro 5G

Motorola:

• Motorola Edge 20

• Motorola Edge 20 Lite

• Motorola Edge 20 Pro

• Motorola G34 5G

• Motorola G50
  • Motorola G53 5G
  • Motorola G62 5G

• Motorola G73 5G

• Motorola G82 5G

• Motorola Razr 40

Nothing:

• Nothing Phone 2

OPPO:

• Oppo A54 5G

• Oppo A77

• Oppo Find X2 Lite

• Oppo Find X3 Lite

• Oppo Find X3 Neo 5G

• Oppo Find X3 Pro 5G

• Oppo Find X5

• Oppo Find X5 Pro

• Oppo Find X5 Lite

• Motorola Edge 40
  • Oppo Reno 8

• Oppo Reno 8 Pro

• Oppo Reno 8Z

Redmi:

• Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 12 Pro+ 5G
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 12 Pro 5G

Samsung:

• Samsung A14 5G
  • Samsung Galaxy A15 5G
  • Samsung A22 5G
  • Samsung A25 5G
  • Samsung A32 5G
  • Samsung A33 5G
  • Samsung A34 5G
  • Samsung Galaxy A15 5G
  • Samsung A42 5G
  • Samsung A52s 5G
  • Samsung A54 5G
  • Samsung A53
  • Samsung Flip

• Samsung S21 5G
  • Samsung S21 Plus 5G
  • Samsung S21 Ultra 5G
  • Samsung S21 FE 5G
  • Samsung S22 
  • Samsung S22 Plus
  • Samsung S22 Ultra
  • Samsung S23
  • Samsung S23 Plus
  • Samsung S23 Ultra
  • Samsung S23 FE
  • Samsung Fold 4

• Samsung S24
  • Samsung S24 Plus
  • Samsung S24 Ultra
  • Samsung Galaxy Z Flip5 5G
  • Samsung Galaxy Z Fold5 5G

Xiaomi:

• Xiaomi 12 Pro 5G
  • Xiaomi 13T

Approved Apple Devices:

Apple:

• iPhone 12
  • iPhone 12 Mini
  • iPhone 12 Pro
  • iPhone 12 Pro Max
  • iPhone 13
  • iPhone 13 Mini
  • iPhone 13 Pro
  • iPhone 13 Pro Max
  • iPhone SE (2022)
  • iPhone 14
  • iPhone 14 Pro
  • iPhone 14 Plus
  • iPhone 14 Max
  • iPhone 15
  • iPhone 15 Pro
  • iPhone 15 Pro Max
  • iPhone 15 Plus

Please ensure you are running the most up-to-date software. 

*Based on analysis by Ookla®️ of Speedtest Intelligence®️ data for Q3-Q4 2021. Ookla trademarks used under license and reprinted with permission. Visit speedtest.net/awards/fastest-5g to find out more.

Device Testing:

As our 5G network continues to be rolled out, the list of devices will continue to grow every time a new 5G enabled device is released and the more devices we start to test. Check back to this article regularly so you don’t miss out.  

159 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Article has been updated with the Samsung S21 FE 5G on 07/02/22

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Article updated with the new Samsung S22 series on 11/02/22.

Hi, are you likely to support the Planet Computers Astro Slide 5G on your network?

https://store.planetcom.co.uk/products/astro-slide

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@Philip Strong Hey I have asked our trading team and this isn’t a brand we are currently looking to support on iD Mobile. 

Sorry I don’t have the news you were hoping for. 

Emil

When will Motorola G200 5G be supported for 5G connections.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Yelloperil,

Unfortunately we don’t have timescales, we can only advise to keep an eye out on the website.

Kash

I don't get why it's taking so long to add new phones. Alot of phones use the same chip and software so surely if one phone with a chip is added all others with same chip should be. I have an oppo Reno pro 4 5g and still no 5g yet older phones have been added

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

This list has been updated with the 

• Oppo Find X5

• Oppo Find X5 Pro

• Oppo Find X5 Lite

Emil

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Article updated with the iPhone SE (2022).

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

List updated with Samsung A53.

Emil

Are you likley to include OnePlus on your list of compatible phones? The Nord 2 5G in particular.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@Flatcap If it is a 5G enabled device, their is a possibility that it will be able to still connect to the iD 5G network. However, we have no current plans to range or officially test this device for compatibility. 

Emil

Hey @AndyX2Pro 

No problem at all. 

Unfortunately there are no current plans to test the X2 Pro. We are constantly working with our network partners Three and suppliers to expand our list of 5G compatible devices.

In regards to the ideation board, my vision is for it to work how you describe, so let’s see!

We are aiming tor a January/February launch.

Hope my answer helps and thanks for your question :grinning:

Emil

Hello Emil

Sorry for be a pain like many others 🙂 but why isn’t Oppo Find X2 Pro in the list?? 

5 months ago (reference to the quoted comment) you said there weren’t any plans.

But what about at the moment?? I can see the Find x3 Neo is on the list which has the exact same snapdragon chipset as the Find x2 Pro (Snapdragon 865) on that base it should be a viable phone to be compatible with 5G ID Network :)  

Kind Regards

Taimur

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Taimur, haha don’t worry, I am happy to answer this. 

So with all 5G compatible devices that are launched on the market, they all have a chance/there is a possibility that these devices will in fact work on our iD 5G network. However, some available 5G devices will not be tested or will not be officially approved for use on our network. 

This means that we will not be able to provide you with any help or support with a 5G device that is not compatible with our network because we have not officially tested it. However, just because we have not tested the 5G device ourselves. It does not mean that the device will not be able to connect to our network.

I hope that helps answer your question. 

Emil

This means that we will not be able to provide you with any help or support with a 5G device that is not compatible with our network because we have not officially tested it. However, just because we have not tested the 5G device ourselves. It does not mean that the device will not be able to connect to our network.

I hope that helps answer your question. 

Emil

Hello

That is understandable, I was indeed curious because it would be nice to have the 5G once in a while (I don’t yet live in 5G area).

So even if it doesn’t get tested the smartphones will at some point receive a iD network information update to be able to connect to the 5G network? as our 5G phones are just limited by the automatic network selection from iD (preferred network type: 4G/3G/2GAuto)

Many Thanks!

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

New devices added:

• Samsung A33
  • Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G
  • Xiaomi 12
  • Xiaomi 12 Pro 5G
  • Honor Magic 4 Lite 5G
Userlevel 1

Please add Realme GT 5G.

Please add Realme GT 5G.

Yes, add this phone to compatibility list please, master edition

So my Realme X50 5G Global Edition   mobile phone worked seamlessly on 5G when I was a THREE customer.

Since moving to ID Mobile no 5G is available 😞 and the 5G data toggle disappears from ‘my network settings’ when the ID Mobile sims is used. ID says that 5G is Live in L32 0TJ area but still no connection.

This is very strange Given that ID use Three’s network and I could get a solid 5G signal in this area using a THREE sim card.

If I put a Three, Vodafone, 02 or EE sim card the 5G toggle is present in ‘my network settings’  and can be switched on and used.

What’s going wrong with ID?

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Freestuff, the Realme X50 is not supported on iD 5G. Sorry to disappoint.

Thank you,

Rory

I have a 5g phone (an oppo reno4 pro 5g) which ID previously sold. Yet I cannot get 5g on your network. Is there any particular reason why you only allow 5g on specific phones, unlike every other mobile network? If not, can you give any compelling reason not to leave for another network?

5G is here!

Strap yourself in for 5G on iD Mobile. At no extra cost. Powered by Three, the UK’s fastest 5G network.*

All iD customers will be able to access the 5G network as long as they have a 5G compatible device, and the device has been tested and approved by us for use on our network. 

Want to know what devices are 5G compatible and if they’ve been tested and approved for use on our 5G network? Then search the internet no more!

We’ve made this really easy and simple for you.

All devices below are 5G compatible and have been tested and approved for use on our 5G network, VoLTE and WiFi Calling.

Approved Android Devices:

Google:

• Google Pixel 5 5G
  • Google Pixel 6
  • Google Pixel 6 Pro

Honor:

• Honor 50
  • Honor Magic 4 Lite 5G

Huawei:

• Huawei P40 5G
  • Huawei P40 Pro 5G

Motorola:

• Motorola G50
  • Motorola Edge 20

• Motorola Edge 20 Lite

• Motorola Edge 20 Pro

OPPO:

• Oppo A54 5G

• Oppo Find X2 Lite

• Oppo Find X3 Lite

• Oppo Find X3 Neo 5G

• Oppo Find X3 Pro 5G

• Oppo Find X5

• Oppo Find X5 Pro

• Oppo Find X5 Lite

Redmi:

• Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G

Samsung:

• Samsung A22 5G
  • Samsung A32 5G
  • Samsung A33 5G
  • Samsung A42 5G
  • Samsung A52s 5G
  • Samsung A53
  • Samsung S21 5G
  • Samsung S21 Plus 5G
  • Samsung S21 Ultra 5G
  • Samsung S21 FE 5G
  • Samsung S22 
  • Samsung S22 Plus
  • Samsung S22 Ultra

Xiaomi:

• Xiaomi 12
  • Xiaomi 12 Pro 5G

Approved Apple Devices:

Apple:

• iPhone 12
  • iPhone 12 Mini
  • iPhone 12 Pro
  • iPhone 12 Pro Max
  • iPhone 13
  • iPhone 13 Mini
  • iPhone 13 Pro
  • iPhone 13 Pro Max
  • iPhone SE (2022)

Please ensure you are running the most up-to-date software. 

*Based on analysis by Ookla®️️ of Speedtest Intelligence®️️ data for Q3-Q4 2021. Ookla trademarks used under license and reprinted with permission. Visit speedtest.net/awards/fastest-5g to find out more.

Device Testing:

As our 5G network continues to be rolled out, the list of devices will continue to grow every time a new 5G enabled device is released and the more devices we start to test. Check back to this article regularly so you don’t miss out.  

I have the realme GT2pro and have done since it's UK release in March this year...since then over 30 different phones have been released by various companies...all have 5g capacity and only a handful have been tested by your company - your testing process needs a jolly good shake up and move some fingers out of various holes and hurry up testing some other brands....realme is one of the fastest growing mobile phone company's and yet non of their phones feature in your device list...i find this rather odd!! Please hurry up and test this phone so I can make full use of its specs, or I am affraid i may be forced to look elsewhere

You don't seem to reply to these messages very often - it appears you are just as slow at updates as you are testing!!

What about the OPPO Find X2 Neo? It worked fine with 5G on Three so why not ID?

As you've tested later models I fear you'll skip this one and I'll have to change network again.

Userlevel 2

You can use workarounds to get 5g connection on your phone.  Samsung Band Selection is a good one. Just an app in play store.  5G worked fine for me on ID, then android 12 update got rid of it.  Now I use band selection app when I want to pick up the 5G signal again.  

Hope this helps someone. 

Why iD Mobile?