News

iD 5G Network: Device Compatibility

iD 5G Network: Device Compatibility
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
  • iD Mobile Employee
  • 118 replies

5G is here!

Strap yourself in for 5G on iD Mobile. At no extra cost. Powered by Three, the UK’s fastest 5G network.*

All iD customers will be able to access the 5G network as long as they have a 5G compatible device, and the device has been tested and approved by us for use on our network. 

Want to know what devices are 5G compatible and if they’ve been tested and approved for use on our 5G network? Then search the internet no more!

We’ve made this really easy and simple for you.

All devices below are 5G compatible and have been tested and approved for use on our 5G network, VoLTE and WiFi Calling.

Approved Android Devices:

Google:

• Google Pixel 5 5G
  • Google Pixel 6
  • Google Pixel 6 Pro
  • Google Pixel 6A
  • Google Pixel 7
  • Google Pixel 7 Pro
  • Google Pixel 7a
  • Google Pixel 8
  • Google Pixel 8 Pro
  • Google Fold

Honor:

• Honor 50
  • Honor 70

• Honor 90
  • Honor 90 Lite
  • Honor Magic6 Lite

• Honor Magic 4 Lite 5G
  • Honor Magic 5 Pro
  • Honor Magic 5 Lite 5G

Huawei:

• Huawei P40 5G
  • Huawei P40 Pro 5G

Motorola:

• Motorola Edge 20

• Motorola Edge 20 Lite

• Motorola Edge 20 Pro

• Motorola G34 5G

• Motorola G50
  • Motorola G53 5G
  • Motorola G62 5G

• Motorola G73 5G

• Motorola G82 5G

• Motorola Razr 40

Nothing:

• Nothing Phone 2

OPPO:

• Oppo A54 5G

• Oppo A77

• Oppo Find X2 Lite

• Oppo Find X3 Lite

• Oppo Find X3 Neo 5G

• Oppo Find X3 Pro 5G

• Oppo Find X5

• Oppo Find X5 Pro

• Oppo Find X5 Lite

• Motorola Edge 40
  • Oppo Reno 8

• Oppo Reno 8 Pro

• Oppo Reno 8Z

Redmi:

• Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 12 Pro+ 5G
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 12 Pro 5G

Samsung:

• Samsung A14 5G
  • Samsung Galaxy A15 5G
  • Samsung A22 5G
  • Samsung A25 5G
  • Samsung A32 5G
  • Samsung A33 5G
  • Samsung A34 5G
  • Samsung Galaxy A15 5G
  • Samsung A42 5G
  • Samsung A52s 5G
  • Samsung A54 5G
  • Samsung A53
  • Samsung Flip

• Samsung S21 5G
  • Samsung S21 Plus 5G
  • Samsung S21 Ultra 5G
  • Samsung S21 FE 5G
  • Samsung S22 
  • Samsung S22 Plus
  • Samsung S22 Ultra
  • Samsung S23
  • Samsung S23 Plus
  • Samsung S23 Ultra
  • Samsung S23 FE
  • Samsung Fold 4

• Samsung S24
  • Samsung S24 Plus
  • Samsung S24 Ultra
  • Samsung Galaxy Z Flip5 5G
  • Samsung Galaxy Z Fold5 5G

Xiaomi:

• Xiaomi 12 Pro 5G
  • Xiaomi 13T

Approved Apple Devices:

Apple:

• iPhone 12
  • iPhone 12 Mini
  • iPhone 12 Pro
  • iPhone 12 Pro Max
  • iPhone 13
  • iPhone 13 Mini
  • iPhone 13 Pro
  • iPhone 13 Pro Max
  • iPhone SE (2022)
  • iPhone 14
  • iPhone 14 Pro
  • iPhone 14 Plus
  • iPhone 14 Max
  • iPhone 15
  • iPhone 15 Pro
  • iPhone 15 Pro Max
  • iPhone 15 Plus

Please ensure you are running the most up-to-date software. 

*Based on analysis by Ookla®️ of Speedtest Intelligence®️ data for Q3-Q4 2021. Ookla trademarks used under license and reprinted with permission. Visit speedtest.net/awards/fastest-5g to find out more.

Device Testing:

As our 5G network continues to be rolled out, the list of devices will continue to grow every time a new 5G enabled device is released and the more devices we start to test. Check back to this article regularly so you don’t miss out.  

159 replies

There are no Sony phones on the list.

I have a Sony Xperia 1 ii which has 5G band 78NSA.

When will this be supported please?

Thanks,Michael

Userlevel 1

Hello!

Just trying to get some clarity here, please :)

In some replies you make it seem that any 5G device should, theoretically, work with your 5G network but only the ones you list here are certain that they will work. In at least one reply, however, you claim the Realme X50, for example, is not supported at all on your 5G network.

Can you clarify the 5G status for devices not on this list and if there's a blacklist of devices that are certainly not compatible with your network?

Thanks in advance, Sully

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

The list is just those devices that iD have actually tested with their 5G service.

If you’ve got a 5G device not on the iD list, it may very well work perfectly, but if it doesn’t don’t expect any help from iD.

When will samsung note 10+ be on the 5g list please 

I don’t know what is wrong with my id mobile  because I can’t be paying 70 something pounds a month without the network not working and the contract says is 5g network 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I don’t know what is wrong with my id mobile  because I can’t be paying 70 something pounds a month without the network not working and the contract says is 5g network 

Wow, that’s a lot of money each month - does anything work?

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Max Festus Omorogbe, could you be a little (a lot) more specific in your post so we can provide some assistance?

Thank you,

Rory

I ended up leaving. It's not worth paying for 5g when you have a 5g phone that id mobile advertised as 5g yet doesn't work on their network at 5g - baffling. On the other network, it's worked perfectly on 5g from the instant I swapped the SIM cards. 

Please can someone add 

• Oppo Find X2 NEO 5g 

PPLLEEAASSEE

Userlevel 1

Please, can someone add OPPO Reno4 5G PRO

thanks  

Userlevel 1

I never received 5g, since I swapped to Id mobile I can't get it. With the old company I had 5 g always on motorway or at the beach lucky when stable at 4g. 

Userlevel 1

i’m afraid, the customer service is very poor and negative with regard to the oppo mobiles and the time frame of 5G to be implemented by ID mobile. 

I have asked oppo to make sure that they address this point, as it’s misleading to have a specification that's not applicable in the country it’s being sold in 

having said that, there is a warning 

*Qualcomm Snapdragon™️ 765G supports both SA and NSA 5G modes. Considering the actual construction progress of 5G network infrastructure by some countries, regions, or carriers, SA mode might be unavailable on OPPO Reno4 5G series.

Userlevel 1

i have been unable for ID mobile and 3 along with oppo customer services to explain to me as to why those 5G mobiles from oppo are not on the list 

all they do is blame each other and none of them make any sense as to when these oppo models will be included

on the strength of my verbal communications over many months and hours with all of the above, I have to conclude that these mobiles will never be added to the list for 5G UK networking 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @fourbanks

Any approved handset on our list should be compatible with 5G.

For non-approved handsets, 5G may work, could have issues or stop working following an update.

We are working on adding new handsets all the time but this process isn’t as simple as flicking a switch sadly.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Hi Mohamed. i don't understand non-approved handsets with ID mobile as with other mobile operators all works well.

Mine is the Reno oppo 4 pro 5G and will need to move on when my contract expires in January as none of what i have been told so far makes any sense 

you either can fix this issue which you have had 2 years so far to do, or you can't very simple to understand i would have thought

you have not even told me what the hold up is yet? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@fourbanks,

Unfortunately if the device isn’t listed it means that it isn’t approved.

We are always working on adding new devices and some may take longer than others.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Hi kash

then why sell it as 5g? You still haven't said as to the reason it won't accept 5G 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Yelloperil,

Unfortunately we don’t have timescales for new devices to be added.

We would advise keeping an eye out on the list as it’s being updated regularly.

Kash

Why are there no REALME phones on the list? 

Thanks

Userlevel 8
Badge +3

Thanks

Hey @Luis M Ruiz

Thanks for your post. 

realme is not currently stocked by iD Mobile - we currently only test phones for network compatibility that we stock, or have stocked. At the moment realme does not appear to be in the iD Mobile pipeline. 

Thanks,

Nikhil

My REALME X50 5G (clue in the name) doesn't work with 5g on ID but did when I was with Three. Given that you use the three network are you blocking phones you don't sell? 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Thanks

Hey @Luis M Ruiz

Thanks for your post. 

realme is not currently stocked by iD Mobile - we currently only test phones for network compatibility that we stock, or have stocked. At the moment realme does not appear to be in the iD Mobile pipeline. 

Thanks,

Nikhil

Okay @Nikhil P - iD Mobile stock & sell the iPhone 14 on contract and SIM Free, and yet it’s not listed in as one of iD’s 5G compatible devices, which have been tested & approved for use on the iD Mobile 5G network, along with VoLTE and Wi-Fi Calling.

Why isn’t the iPhone 14 listed as supported for 5G?

Userlevel 8
Badge +3

Hi @andewhite

Good spot! The Apple 14 series has now been added. 

Thanks,

Nikhil

Userlevel 8
Badge +3

Hi @Luis M Ruiz

We certainly do not block features on phones that have not gone through the network approval process; however, we cannot guarantee that all features (such as 5G), will function on phones that have not gone through testing. 

All phones need to go through extensive testing before being approved to be used on the iD network - unfortunately, i’m not sure of the technical reasoning behind why all phones that are compatible on Three’s network aren’t compatible on iD. 

Thanks,

Nikhil

Userlevel 1

This element of ID mobile is the only aspect that lets it down. I have a Realme 7 5G phone.

I previously used Smarty..that also uses the Three network with no such issues. I could use the 5G network with no issues.

Now I'm with ID mobile, no option to use 5G despite the phone being 5G and frustrating that I'm at the mercy of when ID mobile will complete the compatibility for my phone😢😢

Extremely disappointing as recently Three have turned on the 5G in my area and turned off the 3G and the 4G signal has got worse😭

Please hurry up with the testing🤔🤔🤔

Why iD Mobile?