News

iD 5G Network: Device Compatibility

iD 5G Network: Device Compatibility
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
  • iD Mobile Employee
  • 118 replies

5G is here!

Strap yourself in for 5G on iD Mobile. At no extra cost. Powered by Three, the UK’s fastest 5G network.*

All iD customers will be able to access the 5G network as long as they have a 5G compatible device, and the device has been tested and approved by us for use on our network. 

Want to know what devices are 5G compatible and if they’ve been tested and approved for use on our 5G network? Then search the internet no more!

We’ve made this really easy and simple for you.

All devices below are 5G compatible and have been tested and approved for use on our 5G network, VoLTE and WiFi Calling.

Approved Android Devices:

Google:

• Google Pixel 5 5G
  • Google Pixel 6
  • Google Pixel 6 Pro
  • Google Pixel 6A
  • Google Pixel 7
  • Google Pixel 7 Pro
  • Google Pixel 7a
  • Google Pixel 8
  • Google Pixel 8 Pro
  • Google Fold

Honor:

• Honor 50
  • Honor 70

• Honor 90
  • Honor 90 Lite
  • Honor Magic6 Lite

• Honor Magic 4 Lite 5G
  • Honor Magic 5 Pro
  • Honor Magic 5 Lite 5G

Huawei:

• Huawei P40 5G
  • Huawei P40 Pro 5G

Motorola:

• Motorola Edge 20

• Motorola Edge 20 Lite

• Motorola Edge 20 Pro

• Motorola G34 5G

• Motorola G50
  • Motorola G53 5G
  • Motorola G62 5G

• Motorola G73 5G

• Motorola G82 5G

• Motorola Razr 40

Nothing:

• Nothing Phone 2

OPPO:

• Oppo A54 5G

• Oppo A77

• Oppo Find X2 Lite

• Oppo Find X3 Lite

• Oppo Find X3 Neo 5G

• Oppo Find X3 Pro 5G

• Oppo Find X5

• Oppo Find X5 Pro

• Oppo Find X5 Lite

• Motorola Edge 40
  • Oppo Reno 8

• Oppo Reno 8 Pro

• Oppo Reno 8Z

Redmi:

• Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 12 Pro+ 5G
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 12 Pro 5G

Samsung:

• Samsung A14 5G
  • Samsung Galaxy A15 5G
  • Samsung A22 5G
  • Samsung A25 5G
  • Samsung A32 5G
  • Samsung A33 5G
  • Samsung A34 5G
  • Samsung Galaxy A15 5G
  • Samsung A42 5G
  • Samsung A52s 5G
  • Samsung A54 5G
  • Samsung A53
  • Samsung Flip

• Samsung S21 5G
  • Samsung S21 Plus 5G
  • Samsung S21 Ultra 5G
  • Samsung S21 FE 5G
  • Samsung S22 
  • Samsung S22 Plus
  • Samsung S22 Ultra
  • Samsung S23
  • Samsung S23 Plus
  • Samsung S23 Ultra
  • Samsung S23 FE
  • Samsung Fold 4

• Samsung S24
  • Samsung S24 Plus
  • Samsung S24 Ultra
  • Samsung Galaxy Z Flip5 5G
  • Samsung Galaxy Z Fold5 5G

Xiaomi:

• Xiaomi 12 Pro 5G
  • Xiaomi 13T

Approved Apple Devices:

Apple:

• iPhone 12
  • iPhone 12 Mini
  • iPhone 12 Pro
  • iPhone 12 Pro Max
  • iPhone 13
  • iPhone 13 Mini
  • iPhone 13 Pro
  • iPhone 13 Pro Max
  • iPhone SE (2022)
  • iPhone 14
  • iPhone 14 Pro
  • iPhone 14 Plus
  • iPhone 14 Max
  • iPhone 15
  • iPhone 15 Pro
  • iPhone 15 Pro Max
  • iPhone 15 Plus

Please ensure you are running the most up-to-date software. 

*Based on analysis by Ookla®️ of Speedtest Intelligence®️ data for Q3-Q4 2021. Ookla trademarks used under license and reprinted with permission. Visit speedtest.net/awards/fastest-5g to find out more.

Device Testing:

As our 5G network continues to be rolled out, the list of devices will continue to grow every time a new 5G enabled device is released and the more devices we start to test. Check back to this article regularly so you don’t miss out.  

159 replies

Userlevel 1

If it's of any use to anyone my phone (Realme 7 5g model RMX2111 - Android version 11) has just connected to 5G.

I haven't as yet had time to run any speed tests.

However as you can see it failed the ipv6 test, not that's important to me.... 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Selgovae,

Pleased to hear that :)

Hope it helps others.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

@Nickr0 and @WelshPaul In theory, yes, having a 5G enabled device means you should be able to connect to a 5G network. However, until we have tested every 5G capable device on our network for any potential compatibility issues, we cannot provide a blanket statement of saying ‘all devices work’. 

It may be that you have a 5G enabled device and it does work on our network, but until we have tested and it passes all our tests, we cannot add it to the approved devices list. 

We’re continuing to work with Three UK on device testing and ensuring all 5G compatible phones will be tested and approved for use on our new 5G network. 

I hope that makes sense. 

Any further questions, then please post them below :)

Emil

I’m curious as to what test you have to run, All the other networks that offer 5g will automatically work with any device that supports the 5g band. Are you doing some monitoring/collecting data of customers web/browsing habits? I think we need some transparency as this is strange, so my 2 year old mi mix 3 5g which supports band n78 will not work?

Userlevel 1

@iDmobilePal I really don't see any reason why your phone shouldn't work on 5G as it has band 78 NSA. 

https://m.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_mi_mix_3_5g-9602.php

@Nickr0 and @WelshPaul In theory, yes, having a 5G enabled device means you should be able to connect to a 5G network. However, until we have tested every 5G capable device on our network for any potential compatibility issues, we cannot provide a blanket statement of saying ‘all devices work’. 

It may be that you have a 5G enabled device and it does work on our network, but until we have tested and it passes all our tests, we cannot add it to the approved devices list. 

We’re continuing to work with Three UK on device testing and ensuring all 5G compatible phones will be tested and approved for use on our new 5G network. 

I hope that makes sense. 

Emil

I’m curious as to what test you have to run, All the other networks that offer 5g will automatically work with any device that supports the 5g band. Are you doing some monitoring/collecting data of customers web/browsing habits? I think we need some transparency as this is strange, so my 2 year old mi mix 3 5g which supports band n78 will not work?

I really don't see any reason why your phone shouldn't work on 5G as it has band 78 NSA. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @iDmobilePal,

I can’t see the correlation between 5G not being enabled on some handsets, and the reasons you have proposed sorry. Are you able to elaborate please?

Will

Userlevel 1

@iDmobilePal I really don't see any reason why your phone shouldn't work on 5G as it has band 78 NSA. 

I hope that makes sense. 

Emil

I really don't see any reason why your phone shouldn't work on 5G as it has band 78 NSA. 

This is the only network I come across that tests devices that already support the 5G bands to then make an official list. It confuses people, previously someone posted he was able to connect with their realme7 which isn’t on the official list.

Userlevel 1

Hi @iDmobilePal,

I can’t see the correlation between 5G not being enabled on some handsets, and the reasons you have proposed sorry. Are you able to elaborate please?

Will

Never mind. I figure when someone seeks support for their 5g phone, you can say well it’s not on the supported list. I get it now.

Pal

Userlevel 1

I hope that makes sense. 

Emil

This is the only network I come across that tests devices that already support the 5G bands to then make an official list. It confuses people, previously someone posted he was able to connect with their realme7 which isn’t on the official list.

You're right. Why bother with all that work, you think customer support would have better things to do with their time. 

My take on this is that 5G in the UK currently only works on band 78 NSA. So before you buy your new phone just check it includes that band, then hopefully it should work on all the UK's networks, including iD mobile. And gsmarena.com is a good place to check this. 

Userlevel 1

I hope that makes sense. 

Emil

You're right. Why bother with all that work, you think customer support would have better things to do with their time. 

My take on this is that 5G in the UK currently only works on band 78 NSA. So before you buy your new phone just check it includes that band, then hopefully it should work on all the UK's networks, including iD mobile. And gsmarena.com is a good place to check this. 

Yeah that’s why I thought it was strange, extra work. They’ve posted previously that the google pixel 5 doesn’t work on their network even though it supports band n78 and someone also posted previously that their pixel 4a (5g variant) also doesnt work which supports n78 band too, so something else is at play.

Userlevel 1

I hope that makes sense. 

Emil

Yeah that’s why I thought it was strange, extra work. They’ve posted previously that the google pixel 5 doesn’t work on their network even though it supports band n78 and someone also posted previously that their pixel 4a (5g variant) also doesnt work which supports n78 band too, so something else is at play.

https://m.gsmarena.com/google_pixel_5-10386.php doesn't show NSA, but it mentions band 78.

And https://m.gsmarena.com/google_pixel_4a_5g-10385.php also omits to show NSA. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Article has been updated with new Motorola devices 31/08/2021.

Userlevel 1

Hi @TheMoodBoardz 

I can confirm that as stated in the list above (in the article), the Google Pixel 5 5G is a 5G compatible device and has been tested and approved for use on the iD Mobile 5G network.

The only reason you may not have access to our 5G network using this device is that it’s dependent on your geographical location. As we continue to rollout and expand our 5G network, more and more locations will gain access to it. 

Thanks, 

Emil 

Hi,

Are you sure about that ? I am in 5g Area M502ZY & BL53HQ and my Pixel 5 which was working fine on 5G in both Locations when i was with Three Mobile 2 days Ago doesn't connect to 5g network and your 5g updates page still says that it's still being tested and will be available in October possibly which makes sense, but then i read this comment by you, which is totally misleading, can you please confirm when exactly will i be able to use 5g on Pixel 5. Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Article updated with Samsung A52s 5G on 03/09/21

Userlevel 1

Would you mind replying to my comment to your reply, from yesterday ? Pixel 5 still not compatible with 5g .

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@Freezing_hot Hi there, apologies I missed your comment 🙂 Thanks for chasing. 

I can see why this appears confusing, at the time of the post the information I had shared was correct. However, our device testing teams informed us that they encountered some connectivity issues and had to retest. It has been confirmed to us that the Google Pixel 5 5G will be approved for use on our 5G network in mid October. 

Does that answer your question? In addition I will also remove that comment to avoid any further confusion for other members. 

Emil :)

Userlevel 1

Cool, thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @OppoReno,

Please click here to see the current list of 5G compatible handsets.

If you have a 5G ready phone that isn’t on the list, then the phone may still be able to connect to the 5G network, it just means we have not tested it yet. Any 5G enabled phone may still work and be able to connect to 5G; however, as we haven’t tested it we cannot guarantee it will until its been tested and placed on the aforementioned list.

Will

Userlevel 1

Just wondering as anyone got this phone? I have just got a Motorola G plus 5g can you confirm if this will work  or not on I'd 5g network my old phone did and it's not listed anywhere on the I'd site that is the Xiaomi mi 10t lite thanks john

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Johnlightbulb,

The phone may still be able to connect to the 5G network, it just means we have not tested it yet. Any 5G enabled phone may still work and be able to connect to 5G; however, as we haven’t tested it we cannot guarantee it will until its been tested and placed on the list above.

Ryan

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hey everyone, this article has been updated to include the entire iPhone 13 range as of 22/09/21.

Emil

Userlevel 1

Any Updates on Pixel 5G ? Nearly mid October and will Android 12 affect the 5G again as we will be getting Android 12 Upgrade soon maybe in couple of weeks on Pixel 5

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@Freezing_hot thanks for your question! :)

We are expecting confirmation of device approval before 31st October.

We shall update the article as soon as we receive approval.

Not long too go now, don’t worry.

Emil

Userlevel 1

Hi, Its already mid October but still NO 5G for Pixel ,5

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Yelloperil 

I’m sorry I’m unable to offer a timescale. We’re testing new handsets regularly and will update once it’s live.

Michelle 

iD Mobile 

Userlevel 1

Hi @Yelloperil 

I’m sorry I’m unable to offer a timescale. We’re testing new handsets regularly and will update once it’s live.

Michelle 

iD Mobile 

You did provide provide a timescale , No ? See attached screenshot please .

Why iD Mobile?