News

iD 5G Network: Device Compatibility

iD 5G Network: Device Compatibility
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
  • iD Mobile Employee
  • 118 replies

5G is here!

Strap yourself in for 5G on iD Mobile. At no extra cost. Powered by Three, the UK’s fastest 5G network.*

All iD customers will be able to access the 5G network as long as they have a 5G compatible device, and the device has been tested and approved by us for use on our network. 

Want to know what devices are 5G compatible and if they’ve been tested and approved for use on our 5G network? Then search the internet no more!

We’ve made this really easy and simple for you.

All devices below are 5G compatible and have been tested and approved for use on our 5G network, VoLTE and WiFi Calling.

Approved Android Devices:

Google:

• Google Pixel 5 5G
  • Google Pixel 6
  • Google Pixel 6 Pro
  • Google Pixel 6A
  • Google Pixel 7
  • Google Pixel 7 Pro
  • Google Pixel 7a
  • Google Pixel 8
  • Google Pixel 8 Pro
  • Google Fold

Honor:

• Honor 50
  • Honor 70

• Honor 90
  • Honor 90 Lite
  • Honor Magic6 Lite

• Honor Magic 4 Lite 5G
  • Honor Magic 5 Pro
  • Honor Magic 5 Lite 5G

Huawei:

• Huawei P40 5G
  • Huawei P40 Pro 5G

Motorola:

• Motorola Edge 20

• Motorola Edge 20 Lite

• Motorola Edge 20 Pro

• Motorola G34 5G

• Motorola G50
  • Motorola G53 5G
  • Motorola G62 5G

• Motorola G73 5G

• Motorola G82 5G

• Motorola Razr 40

Nothing:

• Nothing Phone 2

OPPO:

• Oppo A54 5G

• Oppo A77

• Oppo Find X2 Lite

• Oppo Find X3 Lite

• Oppo Find X3 Neo 5G

• Oppo Find X3 Pro 5G

• Oppo Find X5

• Oppo Find X5 Pro

• Oppo Find X5 Lite

• Motorola Edge 40
  • Oppo Reno 8

• Oppo Reno 8 Pro

• Oppo Reno 8Z

Redmi:

• Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 12 Pro+ 5G
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 12 Pro 5G

Samsung:

• Samsung A14 5G
  • Samsung Galaxy A15 5G
  • Samsung A22 5G
  • Samsung A25 5G
  • Samsung A32 5G
  • Samsung A33 5G
  • Samsung A34 5G
  • Samsung Galaxy A15 5G
  • Samsung A42 5G
  • Samsung A52s 5G
  • Samsung A54 5G
  • Samsung A53
  • Samsung Flip

• Samsung S21 5G
  • Samsung S21 Plus 5G
  • Samsung S21 Ultra 5G
  • Samsung S21 FE 5G
  • Samsung S22 
  • Samsung S22 Plus
  • Samsung S22 Ultra
  • Samsung S23
  • Samsung S23 Plus
  • Samsung S23 Ultra
  • Samsung S23 FE
  • Samsung Fold 4

• Samsung S24
  • Samsung S24 Plus
  • Samsung S24 Ultra
  • Samsung Galaxy Z Flip5 5G
  • Samsung Galaxy Z Fold5 5G

Xiaomi:

• Xiaomi 12 Pro 5G
  • Xiaomi 13T

Approved Apple Devices:

Apple:

• iPhone 12
  • iPhone 12 Mini
  • iPhone 12 Pro
  • iPhone 12 Pro Max
  • iPhone 13
  • iPhone 13 Mini
  • iPhone 13 Pro
  • iPhone 13 Pro Max
  • iPhone SE (2022)
  • iPhone 14
  • iPhone 14 Pro
  • iPhone 14 Plus
  • iPhone 14 Max
  • iPhone 15
  • iPhone 15 Pro
  • iPhone 15 Pro Max
  • iPhone 15 Plus

Please ensure you are running the most up-to-date software. 

*Based on analysis by Ookla®️ of Speedtest Intelligence®️ data for Q3-Q4 2021. Ookla trademarks used under license and reprinted with permission. Visit speedtest.net/awards/fastest-5g to find out more.

Device Testing:

As our 5G network continues to be rolled out, the list of devices will continue to grow every time a new 5G enabled device is released and the more devices we start to test. Check back to this article regularly so you don’t miss out.  

159 replies

Userlevel 2

Slim list… hopefully it reaches the Galaxy A90 5G soon so I can be tempted back to iD (although curious if anyone has any luck with it on unsupported devices - Wifi Calling/VoLTE worked fine even though this phone isn’t on the list)

Userlevel 2

Hi ID

I understand you will not say when a specific handset will be supported for 5G, but can you tell us which handsets are in the testing backlog?  For myself, I would like to know whether the Oppo Find X2 Pro is ever going to be supported, as I can see the X3 Pro is now supported.

Thanks

PS you might even allow users to vote on which should be prioritised...one way for your users to feel they have more input

Userlevel 2

Thanks for the reply @Emil look forward to what you find re the Oppo Find X2 Pro, I wonder how different it is to the X3 Pro?  I'm happy to test if that's possible.

The ideation board could be good, so long as it's transparent and ID acts on the user votes.

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @TheMoodBoardz,

We will send you a PM now so we can check out the 5G coverage in the areas mentioned just in case there is a problem with the coverage.

Ryan

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

The list is just those devices that iD have actually tested with their 5G service.

If you’ve got a 5G device not on the iD list, it may very well work perfectly, but if it doesn’t don’t expect any help from iD.

Userlevel 1

I beg for 5g for my oppo find X3 pro 🙏

Userlevel 1

@iDmobilePal I really don't see any reason why your phone shouldn't work on 5G as it has band 78 NSA. 

https://m.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_mi_mix_3_5g-9602.php

@Nickr0 and @WelshPaul In theory, yes, having a 5G enabled device means you should be able to connect to a 5G network. However, until we have tested every 5G capable device on our network for any potential compatibility issues, we cannot provide a blanket statement of saying ‘all devices work’. 

It may be that you have a 5G enabled device and it does work on our network, but until we have tested and it passes all our tests, we cannot add it to the approved devices list. 

We’re continuing to work with Three UK on device testing and ensuring all 5G compatible phones will be tested and approved for use on our new 5G network. 

I hope that makes sense. 

Any further questions, then please post them below :)

Emil

I’m curious as to what test you have to run, All the other networks that offer 5g will automatically work with any device that supports the 5g band. Are you doing some monitoring/collecting data of customers web/browsing habits? I think we need some transparency as this is strange, so my 2 year old mi mix 3 5g which supports band n78 will not work?

I really don't see any reason why your phone shouldn't work on 5G as it has band 78 NSA. 

Userlevel 1

@iDmobilePal I really don't see any reason why your phone shouldn't work on 5G as it has band 78 NSA. 

@Nickr0 and @WelshPaul In theory, yes, having a 5G enabled device means you should be able to connect to a 5G network. However, until we have tested every 5G capable device on our network for any potential compatibility issues, we cannot provide a blanket statement of saying ‘all devices work’. 

It may be that you have a 5G enabled device and it does work on our network, but until we have tested and it passes all our tests, we cannot add it to the approved devices list. 

We’re continuing to work with Three UK on device testing and ensuring all 5G compatible phones will be tested and approved for use on our new 5G network. 

I hope that makes sense. 

Emil

I’m curious as to what test you have to run, All the other networks that offer 5g will automatically work with any device that supports the 5g band. Are you doing some monitoring/collecting data of customers web/browsing habits? I think we need some transparency as this is strange, so my 2 year old mi mix 3 5g which supports band n78 will not work?

I really don't see any reason why your phone shouldn't work on 5G as it has band 78 NSA. 

This is the only network I come across that tests devices that already support the 5G bands to then make an official list. It confuses people, previously someone posted he was able to connect with their realme7 which isn’t on the official list.

Userlevel 1

I hope that makes sense. 

Emil

This is the only network I come across that tests devices that already support the 5G bands to then make an official list. It confuses people, previously someone posted he was able to connect with their realme7 which isn’t on the official list.

You're right. Why bother with all that work, you think customer support would have better things to do with their time. 

My take on this is that 5G in the UK currently only works on band 78 NSA. So before you buy your new phone just check it includes that band, then hopefully it should work on all the UK's networks, including iD mobile. And gsmarena.com is a good place to check this. 

Userlevel 1

I hope that makes sense. 

Emil

You're right. Why bother with all that work, you think customer support would have better things to do with their time. 

My take on this is that 5G in the UK currently only works on band 78 NSA. So before you buy your new phone just check it includes that band, then hopefully it should work on all the UK's networks, including iD mobile. And gsmarena.com is a good place to check this. 

Yeah that’s why I thought it was strange, extra work. They’ve posted previously that the google pixel 5 doesn’t work on their network even though it supports band n78 and someone also posted previously that their pixel 4a (5g variant) also doesnt work which supports n78 band too, so something else is at play.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

I hope that makes sense. 

Emil

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@AndyX2Pro That is a great idea! However, I am not sure if this would work as it would need to have a significant number of members voting. We will soon be launching an ideation board though, a dedicated place where members can share any ideas they have. So keep a look out for that!

Regarding your question on the Oppo find X2 pro I will investigate this for you. 

Emil

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Article now includes the Google Pixel 6 and 6 Pro. 

Userlevel 1

Would you mind replying to my comment to your reply, from yesterday ? Pixel 5 still not compatible with 5g .

Userlevel 1

Cool, thanks

Userlevel 8
Badge +3

Hi @andewhite

Good spot! The Apple 14 series has now been added. 

Thanks,

Nikhil

Userlevel 1

Hi,

Roughly how long will it take for the oppo find x3 neo to be compatible as I am due an upgrade and feel its pointless if its going to take months to use all of the phones features. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@Flatcap If it is a 5G enabled device, their is a possibility that it will be able to still connect to the iD 5G network. However, we have no current plans to range or officially test this device for compatibility. 

Emil

Userlevel 1

Any news on 5G for Samsung Z FOLD 3 :rolling_eyes:

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Taimur, haha don’t worry, I am happy to answer this. 

So with all 5G compatible devices that are launched on the market, they all have a chance/there is a possibility that these devices will in fact work on our iD 5G network. However, some available 5G devices will not be tested or will not be officially approved for use on our network. 

This means that we will not be able to provide you with any help or support with a 5G device that is not compatible with our network because we have not officially tested it. However, just because we have not tested the 5G device ourselves. It does not mean that the device will not be able to connect to our network.

I hope that helps answer your question. 

Emil

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Johnlightbulb,

The phone may still be able to connect to the 5G network, it just means we have not tested it yet. Any 5G enabled phone may still work and be able to connect to 5G; however, as we haven’t tested it we cannot guarantee it will until its been tested and placed on the list above.

Ryan

Userlevel 1

Please, can someone add OPPO Reno4 5G PRO

thanks  

Userlevel 1

I never received 5g, since I swapped to Id mobile I can't get it. With the old company I had 5 g always on motorway or at the beach lucky when stable at 4g. 

Userlevel 1

Hello!

Just trying to get some clarity here, please :)

In some replies you make it seem that any 5G device should, theoretically, work with your 5G network but only the ones you list here are certain that they will work. In at least one reply, however, you claim the Realme X50, for example, is not supported at all on your 5G network.

Can you clarify the 5G status for devices not on this list and if there's a blacklist of devices that are certainly not compatible with your network?

Thanks in advance, Sully

Userlevel 1

@Yelloperil,

Unfortunately we can’t provide a timescale but we are adding more devices to the list.

Kash

OK thanks  - I just do not understand that three have no limitations on the phone type - if you have a 5G phone it will work.  Which is why I am wondering if I try, it could work, just as you have not tested it you do not claim it works.

Why iD Mobile?