Switching to iD Over the Festive Period

• 23 December 2020
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3
  • iD Mobile Employee
  • 118 replies

If you’re switching over to iD between 23rd December and 4th January it will take you a little longer than usual. But don’t worry!

You can still use your brand-new iD Mobile plan, but your old account will take a little longer to disconnect.

The transferring of your old number over to iD Mobile won’t take effect until your old account is disconnected.

Below is a table to show when you’ll switch depending on when you gave us your PAC or STAC:

Give us your PAC or STAC by: Date you'll switch to iD:

Wednesday 23rd December before 5.30pm

Tuesday 29th December between 8am and 10pm

Wednesday 23rd December after 5:30pm

Thursday 24th December

Friday 25th December

Saturday 26th December

Sunday 27th December

Monday 28th December

Tuesday 29th December before 5.30pm

Wednesday 30th December between 8am and 10pm

Tuesday 29th December after 5.30pm

Wednesday 30th December before 5.30pm

Monday 4th January between 8am and 10pm

Wednesday 30th December after 5.30pm

Thursday 31st December

Friday 1st January

Saturday 2nd January

Sunday 3rd January

Monday 4th January before 5.30pm

Tuesday 5th January between 8am and 10pm

Any PAC or STAC codes given to us after 5.30pm will be processed the following working day, and then you’ll switch over to iD on the following switching date (shown above). For example – If you give us your PAC or STAC on the 30th December at 6.30pm, it will be processed on 4th January and you’ll switch to iD on the 5th January.

From 5th January onward your switch will be processed the following working day as usual.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @MHabeeb,

Sorry to hear that.

I’ll PM you so we can look into this for you.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Good afternoon, I switched back to ID from Lebara, and gave the PAC number on the 5th of January.

However, the transfer didn't happen yet.

Would you kindly PM me, as I can't get hold of support over live chat.

Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello,

I provided my PAC code from Virgin Media before 5:30 on 23 December and was given the date of 29 December to be switched to ID. I received a message to say I have been switched and my old phone went out of service.

However, I’m having problems sending text messages. It says they are not sending, but it in fact sends 3 of the same message. I can make phone calls and it does show my old number, but it is not showing in the Settings of the phone. All other internet-based apps (iMessage/WhatsApp) are working fine. I have turned the phone off for 10 minutes to see if that would help but it hasn’t.

Hope you can help. 

Try this @Hannah92 

1)    Turn off iMessage (Settings > Messages)
2)    Restart your phone (by pressing and holding the on/off button)
3)    Tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct. 
4)    If it is not correct, please enter the correct number
5)    Turn iMessage back to On (Settings > Messages)
6)    Finally, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under “Start new conversations from:”. 

It’s to do with iOS not detecting the number change.

@Sham2021  I’ve replied to you elsewhere on the Community.

@dpctristram  I’ll send you a PM so we can pick this up now.

Mohammed

I gave my PAC code before 23rd December but number not yet transferred over and my other sim card with my old number has been disconnected completely?

Having a similar issue here.

I received an SMS saying there was an issue porting and to contact support. No-one is available on Live Chat despite a community message saying ID support is available today. Phone line is automated nonsense.

My old number has stopped working so I’m out of contact with anyone who needs me.

No idea how to resolve this. I switched to ID after 10+ years with Three because they supposedly have good support!!

I gave my PAC code before 23rd December but number not yet transferred over and my other sim card with my old number has been disconnected completely?

Hello,

I provided my PAC code from Virgin Media before 5:30 on 23 December and was given the date of 29 December to be switched to ID. I received a message to say I have been switched and my old phone went out of service.

However, I’m having problems sending text messages. It says they are not sending, but it in fact sends 3 of the same message. I can make phone calls and it does show my old number, but it is not showing in the Settings of the phone. All other internet-based apps (iMessage/WhatsApp) are working fine. I have turned the phone off for 10 minutes to see if that would help but it hasn’t.

Hope you can help. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @RichardP 

We can confirm​​​​​​ this will not be possible as we do not process internal migrations. If you are wanting to keep the same number, your only option would be to cancel the new contract and take out an upgrade deal for the iD sim you already have.

-Mohsin​

I have an ID mobile SIM only and have purchased an ID mobile pay monthly phone. I want to move the number from the SIM only to the pay monthly plan. I tried to go through the PAC process but it keeps saying ‘enter a valid PAC’. The code starts VTM, when I included VTM it says it shouldn’t include VTM. When I enter just the numbers it says ‘enter valid PAC code’.

Why iD Mobile?