Ukraine - Stay connected with free calls & texts

• 25 February 2022
  • 13 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge

At iD Mobile, we are saddened by the unfolding situation in Ukraine and are keen to ensure that our customers stay connected to friends, family and loved ones during these uncertain times.  

As such, iD Mobile is currently offering free calls and texts from the UK to Ukraine based mobile and landline numbers. Additionally, any iD Mobile customers currently in Ukraine will get free calls, texts, and unlimited data. Any usage will automatically be free rated.

This support for Ukraine remains ongoing and will continue until further notice.

Our thoughts are with the people of Ukraine.

iD Mobile

13 replies

My internet keeps stopping working when out I use my WiFi at home but my mobile date doesnt work properly it works for maybe 10 minutes then says I have no inter Internet connection and I have 39mb left 

Are you in ukraine

Userlevel 1

I stand with the people of Ukraine, but I also have loved ones and relatives in Russia who never asked for this war - why isn’t there a similar offer for those folks, especially if phone or text is their only line of communications (until Putin inplements martial law)?

is it still free to contact Ukraine or text to Ukraine?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @John Woolliscroft,

Checking our Twitter post also: https://twitter.com/iD_Mobile_UK/status/1497509525003194370

There’s no advertised end date so I would expect this to still be in effect.

Mohammed

Does this apply whilst roaming in Europe - i.e. normal UK contract (& normally resident in UK), but calling Ukraine whilst in Spain or France?

Anybody know the answer to this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @richardawest,

“for all UK customers”

So only when in the UK.

Mohammed

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hi all,

As a brief update, this support for Ukraine remains ongoing and will continue until further notice.

Thanks,

Kieran

The original answer about being for ‘all UK customers’ - but therefore only whilst in the UK is a little strange. I am a UK customer, (as that’s where my contract is) even if I’m roaming, but I have been charged for calls to Ukraine whilst in Spain.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hi @richardawest ,

Yes, calls from Spain are deemed roaming calls, so are outside the scope of this support. In this instance, UK customers means customers that are based in the UK and calling Ukraine numbers.

I’ve updated the article in an attempt to make it clearer. 

Have a good evening,

Kieran

Three announced that they will begin charging again for calls to Ukraine etc. Will ID Mobile follow suit or continue free calls & texts to Ukrainian mobile numbers?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @newuser-id,

If there are any changes we’ll be sure to update and confirm.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?