News

*Updated 10:15 pm* - Customer Notice: Important info about iD Mobile's services

Userlevel 6
Badge +3
  • iD Mobile Employee
  • 118 replies

29/07/2021

10:15 pm

Unfortunately, there are no further updates for today. Our technical teams will continue to work overnight in an attempt to get the app working for customers as soon as possible.

17:30 pm

Our technical teams have identified the issue impacting the iD App and are working on implementing a fix. Until the fix is carried out successfully, the iD App will unfortunately remain unavailable.

Our Live Chat team are also able to support if you need specific help with your account. 

14:00 pm

Our technical teams have identified the issue impacting the iD App and are working on resolving the issue as we speak. We hope to have the issue resolved shortly.

12:00 pm

The iD app is still being worked on; however, you are able to check your account through My Account Online -   https://my.idmobile.co.uk 

Our Live Chat team are also able to support if you need specific help with your account. 

08:30 am

You’re now able to access your account through https://my.idmobile.co.uk . The app is still unavailable.

If you require support, you can contact our Live Chat team until 8:00 pm and they’ll be able to assist.

28/07/2021 -

9:45 pm 

Our teams are continuing to work through the night to get our mobile and self-service applications up and running. Unfortunately there are still some unexpected issues after last night’s infrastructure upgrades.

We apologise for the inconvenience this has caused. Our teams are working around the clock to get the applications fixed as quickly as possible. 

6:00 pm

Some systems are now available. If you require support, you can contact our Live Chat team until 8:00 pm and they’ll be able to assist. Our self service applications (My Account and the iD Mobile app) are still being worked on and we hope to have them up and running shortly.

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/live-chat

2:40 pm

Unfortunately, our technical teams are still working through a couple of outstanding problems. We’re hoping for some good news to share shortly.

11:30 am

Our technical teams are still working through some problems and hope to have the applications live soon. Apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.

08:00 am

Morning all,

Due to some complexities with the system upgrades, the iD Mobile app and My Account online are still unavailable. Getting your switching information is also affected. This should be resolved by 11am and we’ll keep this post updated.

Thanks,

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- 

27/07/2021

On Tuesday 27th July (tonight) we’re making some important system upgrades to improve how our service works for our customers.  

As a result, between 8pm Tuesday 27th July and 8am Wednesday 28th July, certain iD Mobile services won’t be available. 

The following services will not be available between these times:

Switching Services:

• Our switching services will be temporarily unavailable. During this time, you’ll be unable to submit your switching information to iD (using a PAC or STAC) from your old network, or request your switching information from us (PAC, STAC or INFO) to switch to another network.  
  • If you’re planning on switching this week, please request your PAC, STAC or INFO or submit your PAC or STAC either before or after these times.

The iD App and My Account Online:

• You will not be able to log in or carry out any actions on either platform such as checking your usage, changing or upgrading your plan.

Automated Phone Service:

• Our automated over-the-phone usage, balance and payment service will not be available. 

Usage Notifications:

• You will not receive any notifications, such as allowance usage and Bill Cap usage notifications during these hours.

No other services should be affected, and all services will resume as normal at 8am on Wednesday. 

Thanks, 

The iD Mobile team

60 replies

Hi, I'm also getting an error message when I try to send a text - it keeps saying - can't send message with Id - error 500.

Is this connected to the work that you are doing? Thanks. 

Yes me too. So frustrating as I can’t find anything anywhere on how to fix it

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hi @Katehatt , @SarahJSimpson ,

Can you please share some more details about your issue? SMS should be working fine.

Thanks,

Kieran

I recently changed bank and the direct debit for ID didn’t move over (for whatever reason) I can’t update my Direct debit information either in my ID account or via the automated phone system (7777) as they are both down for maintenance. 

I have tried to login both yesterday when I received your SMS and this morning to sort this...

Can I have some assurance that my account wont get cancelled or any “missed payments” marked on my account during this time?

I’m getting error messages too, it just says not delivered but yeah I can’t send texts it’s on like apple so iMessage works but anytime I go to send a text it doesn’t work 

For me it just says - can't send message with Id - error 500.

Thanks 

Hi @Katehatt , @SarahJSimpson ,

Can you please share some more details about your issue? SMS should be working fine.

Thanks,

Kieran

I am all working now. Thanks anyway

Userlevel 1

Any updates?  
Its 3 hours since the last one, trying to buy some data for my son who is out of data….

Thx

Shad

Userlevel 1

How much longer? This is actually getting ridiculous now. Have had nothing but problems all day because of this! 

I know you guys are working as hard as you can but could we have an update on when this issue may be resolved 

Userlevel 1

Well I've just managed to sign up and log in as a new customer (perfect timing!) so it must be improving.

Do I dare submit a PAC to get my old number ported though....

Userlevel 1

I would hold off

My id app not working keeps saying check server connection I can’t log into my whole app or on the website 

Userlevel 2

Hi

I had a port going through today, I didn’t know about the system maintainance or I wouldn’t have done it today

The number left the old network and the SIM stopped working at around 1pm but the iD SIM is still using the temporary number. I’m slightly concerned what is going to happen with the port?

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Customer notice updated at 18:00pm on 28/07/21

Customer notice updated at 18:00pm on 28/07/21

When will this be fixed 

How is the app still not working ? When is this getting fixed ?

Userlevel 1

Been trying all day to set up my new sim and not getting anywhere very stressful when you have a under one to support and to make sure you have a phone 24/7 in case of emergency 

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hi all,

Unfortunately, our technical team are still working to try and resolve the issues with our mobile app and My Account self-service website after last night’s infrastructure upgrades. They will be working through the night to get everything working as quickly as possible.

Apologies for the inconvenience this has caused. We recognise this must be frustrating and do appreciate your patience.

Kieran

Userlevel 2

Is there any info on when to expect number porting to take place @Kieran C? I appreciate it’s an unexpected issue but just some reassurance that any numbers due to port are going to actually move over and when would be appreciated?

Well I've just managed to sign up and log in as a new customer (perfect timing!) so it must be improving.

Do I dare submit a PAC to get my old number ported though....

Hi just wondering if you managed to put you pac code through as it wont work for me.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Morning @tom @Geoffc 

Have you submitted your switching requests through the switching website?

I’m just following up with our technical team and any more details you can provide would be great. 

Thanks,

Kieran

Userlevel 1

Oh wow,... perhaps the ID mobile IT/infrastructure team never saw the news of what happened at TSB and never chuckled...   

"lol... how could you mess up a systems upgrade so badly..." 

Userlevel 1

Hello, I am still having difficulty transferring my number across with PAC online form. It keeps telling me the details I have entered are incorrect. I have interviews coming up with the fire brigade who currently can not get hold of me and I can not access my NHS app for covid passes on my new device because it wants to send an access pin to my old number. Please can you let me know when this is likely to be working again?

Many Thanks, Hayley

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hi @Hgriffin90 ,

Can you please submit the form now and let me know how you get on? It should be successful.

Thanks,

Kieran

Why iD Mobile?