News

*Updated 10:15 pm* - Customer Notice: Important info about iD Mobile's services

Userlevel 6
Badge +3
  • iD Mobile Employee
  • 118 replies

29/07/2021

10:15 pm

Unfortunately, there are no further updates for today. Our technical teams will continue to work overnight in an attempt to get the app working for customers as soon as possible.

17:30 pm

Our technical teams have identified the issue impacting the iD App and are working on implementing a fix. Until the fix is carried out successfully, the iD App will unfortunately remain unavailable.

Our Live Chat team are also able to support if you need specific help with your account. 

14:00 pm

Our technical teams have identified the issue impacting the iD App and are working on resolving the issue as we speak. We hope to have the issue resolved shortly.

12:00 pm

The iD app is still being worked on; however, you are able to check your account through My Account Online -   https://my.idmobile.co.uk 

Our Live Chat team are also able to support if you need specific help with your account. 

08:30 am

You’re now able to access your account through https://my.idmobile.co.uk . The app is still unavailable.

If you require support, you can contact our Live Chat team until 8:00 pm and they’ll be able to assist.

28/07/2021 -

9:45 pm 

Our teams are continuing to work through the night to get our mobile and self-service applications up and running. Unfortunately there are still some unexpected issues after last night’s infrastructure upgrades.

We apologise for the inconvenience this has caused. Our teams are working around the clock to get the applications fixed as quickly as possible. 

6:00 pm

Some systems are now available. If you require support, you can contact our Live Chat team until 8:00 pm and they’ll be able to assist. Our self service applications (My Account and the iD Mobile app) are still being worked on and we hope to have them up and running shortly.

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/live-chat

2:40 pm

Unfortunately, our technical teams are still working through a couple of outstanding problems. We’re hoping for some good news to share shortly.

11:30 am

Our technical teams are still working through some problems and hope to have the applications live soon. Apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.

08:00 am

Morning all,

Due to some complexities with the system upgrades, the iD Mobile app and My Account online are still unavailable. Getting your switching information is also affected. This should be resolved by 11am and we’ll keep this post updated.

Thanks,

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- 

27/07/2021

On Tuesday 27th July (tonight) we’re making some important system upgrades to improve how our service works for our customers.  

As a result, between 8pm Tuesday 27th July and 8am Wednesday 28th July, certain iD Mobile services won’t be available. 

The following services will not be available between these times:

Switching Services:

• Our switching services will be temporarily unavailable. During this time, you’ll be unable to submit your switching information to iD (using a PAC or STAC) from your old network, or request your switching information from us (PAC, STAC or INFO) to switch to another network.  
  • If you’re planning on switching this week, please request your PAC, STAC or INFO or submit your PAC or STAC either before or after these times.

The iD App and My Account Online:

• You will not be able to log in or carry out any actions on either platform such as checking your usage, changing or upgrading your plan.

Automated Phone Service:

• Our automated over-the-phone usage, balance and payment service will not be available. 

Usage Notifications:

• You will not receive any notifications, such as allowance usage and Bill Cap usage notifications during these hours.

No other services should be affected, and all services will resume as normal at 8am on Wednesday. 

Thanks, 

The iD Mobile team

60 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi - I too cannot submit the PAC form. 

If it’s because I haven’t registered an account yet I can’t do this either as I’m not receiving any SMS for Resend Security Code to enable me to create my account……..

Userlevel 1

Hi the app is still not working for me and neither is it working online as well

I have a particular problem. I have forgotten my password which was attached to my old e mail which I cannot access. So I cannot access my account through the the alternative means shown on the community ppst

Userlevel 1

Hi @Hgriffin90 ,

Can you please submit the form now and let me know how you get on? It should be successful.

Thanks,

Kieran

Hello Kieran, still have the same message saying there is an issue with the information I have provided. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Article updated at 14:00pm on 29/07/21.

Userlevel 2

Morning @tom @Geoffc 

Have you submitted your switching requests through the switching website?

I’m just following up with our technical team and any more details you can provide would be great. 

Thanks,

Kieran

Hi Kieran,

I submitted the request on Tuesday afternoon, the port was due to take place yesterday.

The number left the old network and the SIM stopped working at around 1pm yesterdawy but the iD SIM is still using the temporary number and I get a “number not recognised” message on calling.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

This article has been updated on 29/07/21 at 17:30pm.

Userlevel 2

I submitted the request on Tuesday afternoon, the port was due to take place yesterday.

The number left the old network and the SIM stopped working at around 1pm yesterdawy but the iD SIM is still using the temporary number and I get a “number not recognised” message on calling.

Update: seems it’s all moved over so seems to be sorted for me at least :thumbsup:

Userlevel 1

This article has been updated on 29/07/21 at 17:30pm.

Currently my 4G data is not working. This has been going on for two days now. I have just recently tried today and it is still the case. It says 4G is available however there is no connection whenever I try to use apps 

Userlevel 1

Website still not working and app the same. When logging in to website it is either not working at all or so slow it just says connection timed out.

This has been the case for 24 hours. Absolutely worse than useless service. Live chat telling me this is part of improving customer journey. What a joke.

All I wanted was to arrange a data add on so I can use a map.

Userlevel 1

Hi there, 

I would just like to buy an add on for my son contract.

The app doesnt work, you cant log in to the website, presumably after 48 hours of trying to fix the issue all the engineers have gone home to sleep.

Is it too early to start talking about compensation?

Just a thought, next time you are going to do some major upgrades (or anything that involves taking the service off line) how about a nice email a few days before explaining this, that way your customers might be able to plan.  I spoke to the twitter team yesterday when i was unable to log in (maybe a pinned tweet would have helped?  (I dont want to Save up to £128 on selected #Samsung phones at @iD Mobile Mobile, including the #GalaxyS20FE!) i would prefer to know what is going on!  They pointed me here, so at least i can see what little progress is being made….

Userlevel 1

Hi know how you feel I am right in the middle of all this with  my number port was going over to I'd mobile lol it's a nightmare people on Vodafone cannot  contact me only via my old SIM card that should of gone off last week and when I try to get a text from my bank PayPal or Amazon  to  confirm it's me they never arrive so I'm stuck always I have told people to ring and text me on WhatsApp as it is the only thing working correctly I am beginning to think I made a bad move coming from Labra mobile to I'd mobile  at least with them my number port working correctly this as been 7 days of hell from tomorrow they told me to ring back tomorrow see what happens . John.

Userlevel 1

Can someone please tell me why the information entered for the PAC transfer keeps coming back as the information is incorrect? Will this issue be resolved anytime soon?

Userlevel 1

Hi know how you feel I am right in the middle of all this with  my number port was going over to I'd mobile lol it's a nightmare people on Vodafone cannot  contact me only via my old SIM card that should of gone off last week and when I try to get a text from my bank PayPal or Amazon  to  confirm it's me they never arrive so I'm stuck always I have told people to ring and text me on WhatsApp as it is the only thing working correctly I am beginning to think I made a bad move coming from Labra mobile to I'd mobile  at least with them my number port working correctly this as been 7 days of hell from tomorrow they told me to ring back tomorrow see what happens . John.

Userlevel 1

App still not working!!!

Takes about 30 seconds to open then spinning wheel saying processing for upto 90 seconds to fail login with message;

"Oops. Unable to connect. Please check the network settings used"

Well "the network settings used" are the ones provided by the ID Mobile setup page internet 'settings' function. I have downloaded multiple times.

All my other apps work email/banking on moth mobile or WiFi connection.

Just not the service providers app - ID Mobile. OOPS.…

WORKED FINE the one time I got to try it before the 'upgrade'.

Perhaps you can downgrade everything back to when all was working?

Userlevel 1

Hi all  the APP  did start working this morning at 01.23 yes getting up checking phone its driving me mad i need to check something urgent on paypal but cant as i don't receive the verification text of them but it went off again about 8am probably overloaded lol

This is ridiculous. It's been 3 days now. I can't buy extra data and I can't change my spending cap so I'm stuck with no data while away from home for the weekend and this is all because you decide to do such an important mantainance without warning your customers, knowing that if something goes wrong you don't even allow us to manage some services via phone or SMS. I tried to speak with an agent but there was nothing he could do. As soon as I am back home, I'm leaving ID for good.

Userlevel 1

I can confirm that I have just successfully submitted my PAC code!!! Let's hope it's worth the wait!! Thank you for working hard to resolve this! Appreciate it can't be easy! 

Userlevel 1

Hi - I too cannot submit the PAC form. 

If it’s because I haven’t registered an account yet I can’t do this either as I’m not receiving any SMS for Resend Security Code to enable me to create my account……..

Andy I just got mine to work!! 

Userlevel 1

Been trying all day to set up my new sim and not getting anywhere very stressful when you have a under one to support and to make sure you have a phone 24/7 in case of emergency 

I've just managed to submit my PAC code for my number transfer after two days of trying, it may be working now x

Userlevel 1

Well I've just managed to sign up and log in as a new customer (perfect timing!) so it must be improving.

Do I dare submit a PAC to get my old number ported though....

Hi just wondering if you managed to put you pac code through as it wont work for me.

Try now Geoff, mine just worked!! 

The App still isn't working!  If it's not broken don't try and fix it comes to mind.😂

Userlevel 1

Well I've just managed to sign up and log in as a new customer (perfect timing!) so it must be improving.

Do I dare submit a PAC to get my old number ported though....

Hi just wondering if you managed to put you pac code through as it wont work for me.

Try now Geoff, mine just worked!! 

Yes, I finally got my PAC submitted last night and it transferred successfully around lunchtime today.

Ditto...fingers crossed....

Userlevel 1

We'll mine still not working right over a week tomorrow and had no contact for technical support said within 48 hours but nothing maybe 48 days ?????

Why iD Mobile?