• 23 September 2021
  • 63 replies
We’ve reached 50,000 members!
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
  • iD Mobile Employee
  • 118 replies

We’ve reached 50,000 members!

The iD Mobile Community has reached a big milestone this month. That’s right! From humble beginnings, this brilliant Community has grown to a whopping 50,000 members. Wow! We couldn’t be happier to see so many people join. So, from all of us here at iD, to all of our members and iD Superheroes, thank you for making the Community the epic place it is.

It’s been a massive year for the Community. Since August 2020, we’ve doubled in size, and that means more iD members making the most of the knowledge on offer in our Help Articles, and learning from our awesome Legend rank holders. Not to mention, all our other smart cookies and helpful newcomers on their journey to Superhero status, sharing their own questions, tips, and help and support. You’ve all made the Community an awesome place to be.

The Stats…

Thousands of topics have been created in the past year alone, along with around 5,000 positive content helpfulness votes and 3,300 likes for helpful replies. In total, nearly 40,000 posts have been made since August last year. That’s more posts than any other year since the Community was created. You guys sure have been active!

Here’s a quick breakdown of the numbers since our brilliant Community started:

• Posts so far: 75,720
  • Topics created: 25,310
  • Replies created: 50,420
  • Likes given: 8,560
  • Positive content helpfulness votes: 9,380

Those are some pretty big numbers considering the iD Community was created a little over three years ago. And that’s all down to our brilliant members.

As we mentioned earlier, our iD Community has gone through quite the journey to get to this point. In our quest to create the ultimate place for our customers to hang out, we’ve introduced new categories, made content easier to find, ran many ace competitions, redesigned the Community homepage, rebranded the Community ranks, introduced our new help and support hub and shared our latest knowledge and top tips.

And we’re just getting started… We’ve got loads more exciting new projects to share with you, so stay tuned!

The Community Superheroes…

You guys have been brilliant making this place what it is!

So much so, in 2019 we introduced the Superhero element to our Community. We wanted to create a way for the most knowledgeable and active members to thrive, reward them for everything they do, and make sure that when fellow members have their questions answered, they can see that the responder knows what they’re talking about!

Since then, legends have been made. Our top three all-time leaders, @WelshPaul , @Gregor  and @terrywebbs have earned thousands of points between them by chatting with other members and answering their questions. They’ve gained quite a few knowledge badges and earned great rewards along the way (we’re currently working on something extra special for you too!), and we couldn’t be more appreciative of them. As the Community continues to expand, who’ll join them at the top of the leaderboard? Only time will tell…

And just because you haven’t quite reached legendary status just yet, don’t think you’ve gone unnoticed. We see you! We’ll be doing everything we can to help you climb through the ranks and become an expert on all things iD.

One of the people we’ve seen rising through the ranks recently is @andewhite. You’ve been very busy helping fellow iD members on a ton of topics including data, switching, phone reception and security code SMS messages to name a few. Thanks for getting stuck into the Community and embracing the Community spirit! You’ve already ranked up to ‘Hero’ level in a short space of time, and we’re excited to see your onward journey to Superhero level. Let’s see how you get on, how many points you can earn and how far you can climb.

We believe in you!

Once again, thank you to every single one of our 50,000 iD Community members. It’s you that make this place great, and we can’t wait to share even more milestones with you in the future!

Competition Time:

To celebrate achieving this awesome milestone we will be giving away 5 x £50 Currys gift cards!

That’s right! Five of you lucky Community members will win a £50 Currys gift card to spend on some amazing tech!

To enter, all you need to do is:

Comment below what you love about the iD Community, what improvements you'd like to see and what new features you'd like added.

Good luck everyone!

T&Cs apply

Competition Winners:

1. @chattergirl
  2. @IanMW
  3. @Oli1287
  4. @R3dsid3bo5rd
  5. @Georgeasher 

63 replies

I like the informal peer to peer nature of the community. 

The iD Community seems like a good place to seek advice from fellow network users as well as take part in competitions (like this one)

Userlevel 1

Love the topics and the competitions like this one.

Userlevel 1

Like the varied content. Also the competitions. Would like to see more tips to use on phone.

Excellent content

Userlevel 2

Bla bla bla! I just think half of the coments are from ID staff. Actually I would love to see real coments from real people.  

Userlevel 2

Restores my faith in society. ID community is full of lovely people who just want to help.

I’m brand new to the community, but already it looks like a very helpful place, already found some of the answers I needed before I signed up, to be fair it was what made me sign up. Definitely good to know there a lot of friendly helpful folk out there! Can’t wait to get my phone now! and Hopefully I can help others too when I get going! Welcome all :relaxed:

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

This competition will close in two days on 22/10/21. If you haven’t entered this great competition already, then what are you waiting for?!

Remember, if you’ve entered this competition multiple times, it will still be counted as one entry. 

Good luck!

Userlevel 1

The main improvement, I would like to see, is simplification of the layout, to aid navigation. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

There we have it, all 5 winners have now accepted and confirmed they are happy to receive their prize.

Let’s all give a huge congratulations to:

1. @chattergirl
  2. @IanMW
  3. @Oli1287
  4. @R3dsid3bo5rd
  5. @Georgeasher 

A £50 Currys gift card is on it’s way to you! 

Thanks for entering everyone!

Emil

Userlevel 1
Badge

Wow, thank you!

What a great prize and a big uplift to a dull Thursday!

Happy and grateful.

Userlevel 1

There we have it, all 5 winners have now accepted and confirmed they are happy to receive their prize.

Let’s all give a huge congratulations to:

1. @chattergirl
  2. @IanMW
  3. @Oli1287
  4. @R3dsid3bo5rd
  5. @Georgeasher

A £50 Currys gift card is on it’s way to you! 

Thanks for entering everyone!

Emil

Thank you very much Emil and ID Mobile. That’s put a smile on my face too 😊

Why iD Mobile?