Solved

2 numbers on one email.

• 14 October 2020
  • 5 replies

Dear ID Mobile team,

I am paying for two numbers on the same email address when I bought both numbers years ago I used the same email address. One of the numbers is registered with my email address and I was able to register and login to alter the plan but when I try to register the second number for a online account then I am told that the email address is already connected to another number and when I try to register the second number with an alternative email address then the registration is rejected and I am told that the email address does not match the email address on your system for the second number.

Please can you help me so that I can alter the plan for the second number.

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Kevin 20 October 2020, 16:09

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Shariq,

You may have already registered the second number to an account.

Try using this tool: https://my.idmobile.co.uk/web/cpw/forgot-username

This will help you find the username for a mobile number you’ve got an account for.

If you still have issues, just reply here and we will look into this further via PM. 

I’ll leave this topic open and wait for you to answer whether this solved it or not.

I’ve also moved it to the App & My Account section.

Mohammed

Dear Mohammed,

Thank  you for your link which I tried  but the response was 'Sorry, we have been unable to get any user name for the details entered'.

Looks like you will have to PM me to help us out to alter the plan.

Thank you.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @Shariq 

If that is the message you are receiving, then it sounds to us like you’ve never registered the account in the first place.

If you enter the details relating to the account, you should be able to sign up without a problem.

If you have multiple iD numbers, each one will need registering separately with it’s own username and email address attached to it.

Could you give that a try then get back to us.  If you still need help with something, then let us know what exactly and we can private message you here if needed.

Dear Kevin,

Thank you for your response.

I have tried several times to register an account for the second of my two numbers that I bought with ID Mobile years ago using the same email address.

One of the numbers is recently registered with the email address that given during the purchase years ago and I was able to register and login to alter the plan for one of the two numbers but when I try to register the other number for a online account then I am told that the email address is already connected to another number and when I try to register the second number with an alternative email address then the registration is rejected and I am told that the email address does not match the email address on your system.

Please can you help me alter the plan for the other number.

Thank you

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Shariq,

Thank you. So just to clear things up, you have tried to register the account using an email address that has never been used with us before and it said the number was already registered?

In that case, the number must already have an online account. You should try to recover the username and then reset the password; for security reasons, we can’t do this for you I’m afraid and we can not change a username either once one has been set.

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?