Solved

Can't call or text other networks

• 24 September 2020
  • 15 replies

Customer service is appalling!!! Will someone from ID Mobile contact me, I cannot receive calls or texts from people who are on other networks or from a landline. This is contract that is less than a week old and nothing works, this is not the way to treat a new customer.

An ID Mobile employee needs to contact me today or the contract will be cancelled

icon

Best answer by Kevin 28 September 2020, 17:47

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

We’re terribly sorry for not catching this topic sooner @alisonhowarth

Is it an iPhone you’re using by chance?  Along with a ported number?  If so, this is likely due to your iPhone not correctly updating with the right number in your iPhone settings.

We’ve sent you a private message on here now to find out more here.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @alisonhowarth 

Some planned work did take place just under a week or so ago which could have been part of any recent problems.

Though that wouldn’t necessarily explain the selective nature in which only certain calls are having issues and not others.

Do you happen to have another phone in your house you could test the iD Mobile SIM in?  Just to see if you can replicate the fault on that phone?

My hunch tells me here that it could be a setting within the Samsung phone that’s causing an issue.

Let us know how that plays out.  If need be we’ll send you a private message here to take further details and speak to our Tech Team if needed.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @alisonhowarth 

Are you using an iPhone?  You didn’t answer my earlier question as that could be pertinent here.

If you are, please check the following:

Could you go to Settings > [Your Profile] > Name, Numbers, Emails
and then ensure within there that the correct number is showing?

You may possibly need to log out of iCloud or Apple ID in order to make the change.

Another method that has worked in the past for others is as follows...
Turn off the iPhone > Take out your SIM
Turn the iPhone back on (no SIM) > Leave on for a minute or so.
Pop the iD Mobile SIM back in the iPhone > Turn back on.

If you’re not using an iPhone.  Could we get a full postcode to check for any local issues that might be ongoing with your closest mast?

Using a Samsung. Been through all this before when it first happened! Could it be a faulty SIM? I've answered all messages I've received, this service for  a new customer is not acceptable.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

No worries @alisonhowarth, please keep us posted.

Will

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @alisonhowarth,

Thank you. A faulty SIM is quite rare and given the information about the issue, it may not be due to a SIM card fault but if you do experience further issues then let us know and we can always send out a replacement just in case.

Ryan

Yet again I can't receive calls!! Why not? This is the second time in 2 weeks, someone from ID mobile needs to contact me & sort this out as you supposedly have already resolved this

Ok, thanks Ryan 

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @alisonhowarth, sorry to hear about this. What exactly happens when people try to call you, does the line just go dead? How’s your signal? Are you able to call out? If you can give me as much information as possible about the error and how/when/where it occurs, that’d be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Rory

Thanks for getting back to me. The message people get is that the number isn't recognised. It appears to be an intermittent fault as I can now receive calls.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

That’s rather odd. @alisonhowarth. Does it happen at random or does it tend to be when you’re in a specific place, like at home for example? Have you noticed any drops in signal recently?

Thank you,

Rory

It's completely random, can happen anytime anywhere & there's no loss of signal. Could the SIM card be faulty?

Tried the different phones thing the 1st time it happened & made no difference. My phone is working ok at the moment, if the fault happens again I'll try swapping phones again. Are you sure it's not a faulty SIM?

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Before we look into that @alisonhowarth , may I ask if you ported in a number to us from another network? Also, can we take your postcode please? Just to run a few checks.

Will

Yes, I ported in my number.

My postcode is M29 7TX

Why iD Mobile?